Friday, August 30, 2013

5 on Friday!


I am linking up again for the "5 for Friday" Fun! Usually I discuss the 5 things I am most excited about this week. The first thing I have to say is not necessarily something I am excited about but something that has been going on this week with my sweet child. The rest are things I am excited about! :) Here we go:

1. Seperation anxiety has been hitting us hard this week. Kennedy cried for the first time when we left her at the church nursery last Sunday. She also cried twice this week when I dropped her off at daycare. The sight of her crying and holding out her chubby arms to me made me cry too. Not fun. Usually she is all smiles  like this picture below so it has been hard.



2. Do you have a Steak n Shake in your town? We just got one last year in Augusta, GA which is about twenty minutes from our house. It is sooo good. We went on my "cheat day." I ate a cheeseburger, fries with the sea salt and cracked pepper seasoning and a smores milkshake. I enjoyed every last bite. The smores milkshake was AMAZING! It's only here for a limited time so go get you one!
 
3. Football season is officially here! We had a lot of fun watching the game last night. I don't think we played our best but a win is a win! Go Cocks! Also, Clowney apparently had a stomach virus this past week so that explains why he was looking so tired! Hopefully we will get it together so we can have a 4 peat against Georgia next weekend. When we scored that first touchdown, I went nuts. Kennedy started laughing at me and waving her arms around! So cute!


 
4. Best moment at work this week: I teach science the last thirty minutes of the day. Science is not exactly my favorite thing to teach and right now we are learning about rocks. Yes, rocks. It's very hard to get third graders interested in rocks. I also feel like I really start to lose them at the end of the day. Sometimes I feel like I am talking to the wall. Yesterday one of my lower students made a major connection with the content from the lesson to something I had taught them the week before. Another student brought in a bag of clay soil from her backyard with some white rocks in it and asked "could these rocks be that talc rock you told us about?" YES! They are actually listening to me!
 
5. I always have to end with Kennedy! Her 9 month appointment yesterday went great. She is in the 90th percentile for weight (she likes to eat like her momma!) and the 65th percentile for height. They gave us a checklist of milestones for 9 to 12 months and we were able to check everything off except "begins to take steps while holding mom or dad's hands" and "understands what no and all gone means." I think she is starting to understand "no" a little bit but not fully. She is pulling up but not taking steps yet. However even if we hadn't been able to check anything off that list, I would still be the same proud momma I am. I love these two so much! I will leave you with this great picture of Kennedy and Daddy being silly. :) Have a great weekend!
 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great week despite the separation anxiety. Fantastic science lesson. And if Kennedy gets any cuter I will eat her daddy's hat!

Carol said...

Thanks Mommy!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!