Friday, August 16, 2013

5 on Friday!

I am linking up again for the 5 on Friday fun!  I absolutely love this link up. It is so uplifting! Here is what I am excited about this week:
 
1. Gamecock football is less than two weeks away! AAAAAH! All I can say to the teams we are going to play this season is....."are you ready to be CLOWNED?!?!" ;) What can I say? Jadeveon Clowney is a beast!
 
2. I am really excited for my hubby. He is currently in grad school to get his masters in school administration and leadership with the goal of being an assistant principal and maybe a principal someday. He is starting his internship with our principal at school (yes, we teach at the same school and yes, that's where we met) and he is so excited about all the different things he gets to do. He graduates in May so we hope this will be his last year in the classroom!
 
3. Even though I was EXHAUSTED (you can read all about why on my "so what Wednesday" post) open house/meet the teacher went really well! Out of 19 kids, I only had two that didn't show up with their parents! I think I am going to have a really great class this year and I am so excited to begin my 8th year teaching 3rd grade!  I absolutely loved my dress that I wore to open/house meet the teacher. I got it from my cousin Louise's boutique "Eloise" in Aberdeen, North Carolina. Be sure to click on the link to her Facebook page. They have a lot of cute stuff and they will ship!
 
4. My sorority sister Elaine is expecting her first baby in February after two miscarriages and years of trying to conceive. These are the best pregnancy announcements ever. I had two miscarriages before I had Kennedy so I have a special place in my heart for women who are dealing with infertility and pray for them every night. Our sister Cammie also went through issues with infertility and is pregnant with a baby boy due in November. God is good!

 
5. Lastly, as usual, I am excited about Kennedy! Even though she has been sleeping awful this week, she still always has a smile on her face. The ladies at her daycare say she is the happiest and sweetest baby and I would have to agree. ;) She is such a blessing! As always I will leave you with this cuteness. :)


 



4 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks so much for the blog comment!!

I love that dress! And Kennedy is definitely a cutie =)

xo,
Katie
hellolittlebean.com
shopboldthreads.com

Carol said...

Thank you Katie! :)

Carroll said...

Yay for your husband! That's so exciting. :) I love your open house dress, too -- super cute.

Carol said...

Thank you Carroll!!! :)

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!