Friday, August 9, 2013

Five On Friday


Linking up with Natasha at hello! happiness. Here are the 5 things I am excited about this week:

1. I finally worked in my classroom for two days this week! Teachers officially go back Monday in my district for the "work week." If you are a teacher or know someone that is a teacher you probably know that the "work week" is full of meetings so if you want to get your classroom done, you pretty much have to go to school ahead of time. I am excited about the progress I made!

2. My amazing friend Cassie has her own classroom and is set up and ready for kiddos on Monday! Cassie and I became friends when she did my maternity leave last year. She got a job teaching 5th grade at a charter school nearby and this week was her work week. Her classroom looks amazing.  I know she will do fabulous in her first year of teaching! This chick is so awesome that she did her OWN lesson plans during my maternity leave! All I did was give her the standards I wanted her to cover. She is such a great teacher. I am so happy for her!

3. My bestie Megan and I met for lunch this week. I hadn't seen her in a few weeks which was waaay too long.I am going to be the matron of honor in her wedding on March 29th so we mainly talked wedding stuff but we also talked about our sorority sister Ashlee's wedding in Beaufort at the end of the month. We are going to road trip down there together and I am so excited for a girls weekend.
Megan and me on my wedding day! :) Can't wait for her big day!
 
4. My mom bought Kennedy this adorable smocked chevron dress. It's an 18 month so it will be awhile before she wears it but I can't wait!


5. I am loving Kennedy being 8 months! Can we just freeze time? She is soooo much fun at this age! Crawling, pulling up, saying "mama", lots of smiles and giggles! I will leave you with this cuteness!
 
What are you excited about this week??? Happy Friday!

16 comments:

Amanda said...

That dress is adorable! Hard to believe it's back to school time already. My mom teaches preschool but doesn't start back until after labor day.

Anonymous said...

Five great things to be happy about especially Miss Kennedy. I'm excited for the kids who will have you as their teacher this year. Great post, Carol!

Jen said...

Just found your blog through the 5 on Friday link-up! Kennedy is adorable! LOVE that dress! Enjoy this time with your sweet girl...the days might be long, but the years go fast {mine is about to turn 2}! Happy Weekend!

Carol said...

Thanks, loving the dress too! When do you find out what you are having? Yes the summer has gone by soooo fast!!!

Carol said...

Thanks Mommy!!! :)

Carol said...

Thanks Jen! Yes, it does go by soooo fast! It seemed like my pregnancy went by so slow but now that she's here everything has gone by super fast. I can't believe she will be 1 in a few months!

April of Smidge Of This said...

Oh my goodness ... Kennedy is a DOLL! Seriously - baby model! She will look so very pretty in that smocked dress :)

B. said...

Kennedy is a doll! and I love to see wedding pictures! So pretty and such an exciting time!

Carol said...

Thank you so much April!!!!

Carol said...

Thank you!!! I love wedding pictures too. I could spend hours looking at people's wedding albums! :)

Holly G said...

Oh, please tell Megan I said congratulations!!! That is so exciting! And your baby girl is absolutely precious! I am so glad you are enjoying this age with her. I think there have been things about every age so far with my kids that I have loved and things about every age that I was ready to end as well...lol :)

Carol said...

I will tell her Holly! Thanks!!! :)

SLAM said...

Love that dress! Are those purses?

Carol said...

Yes they are! :)

Kelly said...

I LOVE that dress!!!

Carol said...

Thanks me too!!! I can't wait until she can wear it!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!