Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday Memoirs-My Best Friend's Wedding!


I am cheating just a bit for my Monday Memoirs and posting about a memory that is only 2 days old, my best friend Megan's wedding! If you have a memory to share, be sure to link up with Royal over @ Royal Proclaims!

Megan's wedding weekend started with the rehearsal Friday night followed by a casual rehearsal dinner at her parent's house. Kennedy came with us and she had a great time socializing with everyone! We also got our wedding party gifts at the dinner. I forgot to take a picture, but the bridesmaids were given our jewelry for the wedding day, a tote bag and a monogrammed camelbak. Nick was an usher and he was given a tie to wear on the wedding day and a gift card to Buffalo Wild Wings.

The wedding day started with getting hair and makeup done, followed by pictures and then chilling in the "bridal loft" with mimosas until it was time for the ceremony. I am super sad because I didn't get a single shot of Megan and I on the actual wedding day on my camera but her photographer got tons so I can't wait to see them! We did have to move the ceremony indoors due to rain but it was still beautiful. Megan came down the aisle to "Marry Me" by Train and it was very hard to hold it together. I definately shed a few tears and so did a lot of other people, including Brent.  Brent's cousin Blake was the Best Man and as we were walking out together he told me he had a very hard time holding it together as well. That's always the sign of a beautiful bride and true love when grown men have a hard time holding it together! :)

The reception was amazing as well! The food was very yummy! There was a taco bar and a slider bar with mini hamburgers, hot dogs and barbeque sandwiches. They had the same DJ Nick and I did at our wedding and he kept us on the dance floor almost the whole time! One funny thing that did happen at the reception was that someone knocked into the cake and the groom's head on the cake topper fell off! Luckily Megan and Brent thought it was hilarious! Another funny moment was Megan's parents and all their friends getting on the dance floor with us and learning "The Wobble."

Here are some pictures from the weekend:

 Rehearsal Dinner
 Me with the beautiful bride to be!
Ash, me and my sister in law Rachael at the wedding!
 Poor cake topper!
 No cake smashing for this couple, so sweet!
 Phi Mu girls singing "sisters" to Megan, a sorority tradition!
 Hubby and I enjoying a slow dance!
 Phi Mu girls and our significant others.
 The Kaune's (Nick, me, my sister in law Rachael and brother in law Jon)

Megan and Brent will be living about 5 minutes down the road from us! I am so excited for married couple get togethers with them. They are amazing couple and I am so happy for them! Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Anthony! Have a blast in Gatlinburg this week! Love you!

2 comments:

Royal @ Royal Proclaims said...

How sweet! Kennedy looks like she's enjoying herself!

Isn't it funny how we can go through a monumental day like that and NEVER snap a photo?! I do it all the time and then slap my forehead later because I realize I have no evidence, lol.

Thanks for participating in the linkup! And you aren't breaking the rules, your story could have happened 5 minutes ago! :)

Have a great week!

Kaitlin Harrison said...

You were a beautiful BM and Kennedy was as cute as ever! What a wonderful celebration to be a part of!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!