Friday, April 4, 2014

5 on Friday

Happy Friday and Happy Spring Break to me! Finally!

1. I am so ecstatic that it is spring break. You have no idea.  My third graders are ready for it as much as I am and it shows. Some of them have about lost their minds. Here are just a few things that have happened this week at school:
Situation 1: Student comes in with homework done in someone else's handwriting. After confronted, she admits her aunt did it for her but "she didn't ask her to." Ohhh well now that you told me that....
Situation 2:We are in the computer lab. While the rest of my class is completing the assigned activities in their Compass folders, one of my students is on the Disney Channel website playing some sort of guitar game. SMH...
Situation 3:Several students come and tell me that a child is throwing rocks on the playground. Child is confronted and the comeback is "they weren't rocks, they were stones." One of my other students says "Seriously? Stone is a synonym for rock!" Atleast I know I have taught synonyms well, right?

2. After this week's episode, I am officially over Revenge. It just seems to be getting more and more far fetched and some of the storylines are just downright stupid. I hate it, because it started out so good. My hairstylist Elizabeth told me she heard it may not be getting renewed for another season and I can see why. Nick says he doesn't understand why I feel Revenge is too far fetched but I was completely obsessed with Desperate Housewives and watched it all the way to the end. My answer: the humor and the characters saved the show. Revenge has no humor and not even Nolan (my fav character) can save it for me now. 


3. Am I the only one who is completely addicted to those stupid quizzes on Facebook? I never got into Candy Crush so I guess this is my vice. I find myself taking every quiz I come across from "which fairy tale describes your life?" (Red Riding Hood) to "Which Full House Character are you?" (Uncle Jesse) to "Which animal is your spirit animal?" (bear) When I was in middle school, I always took the quizzes in YM and Teen magazine so I guess I am just reliving it all over again!
4. Nick and I are going on a date night this weekend just the two of us which hasn't happened in awhile. We usually do double dates so we had to stop and remind ourselves to take some time for just each other. Dinner, a movie and shopping is on the agenda. We are planning on buying Kennedy a few new toys to keep her entertained on our 8 hour drive to Kentucky. Any ideas on good toys to play with in the car for a 16 month old?
5. Kennedy is becoming so much more independent. I am not so sure how I feel about it. This past week she has been really into this bus that we got her for Christmas. She loves to open and close the door and load the little people on the bus. When I watch her play, I feel like I am watching a kid not a baby.  She has also been repeating a lot of words we say, so her vocabulary is expanding more and more. The older she gets, the faster the time seems to go! Love this little blessing so much!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I always love reading your high five for friday posts, but this week was the most special yet. Jane came over and pointed to the picture of Kennedy and said "oooo whats that?" "Daydeee" (which is her way of saying baby) and then kissed the screen. I think she wants to be friends!

Carol said...

Aww that is so sweet!!! Please email me if y'all are ever in Augusta again! I would love to get together and have a blog play date!

Unknown said...

Yay! I definitely will! For sure. We have a lot of family in Augusta, so it will happen :)

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!