Friday, March 14, 2014

5 on Friday!

Happy Friday! Excited as always to be participating in this fabulous linkup!

1. So what did ya'll think of the Bachelor finale?!?! WOW! Here are my thoughts: Juan Pablo=total douchebag, Nikki=totally clueless. I also thought Juan Pablo was incredibly rude on the after show and I am so glad Sean and Catherine spoke up! On a good note, sooooo excited that my Phi Mu sista Andi is the new Bachelorette! Can['t wait to watch!

 2. Kennedy has a new Easter dress! I had been planning on her wearing an adorable yellow smocked dress that I got a consignment sale but then my mom bought her this one! I love the crosses and I think it represents what Easter is really about. She of course will still wear the yellow one at other times but I just love this one too much for her not to wear it on Easter!
 3. Flashback Friday!  Did you have ever have a Myspace account? I did for many years before I FINALLY got a clue and joined Facebook in 2009. This past weekend I went and looked through my old pictures, hilarious! This one was taken on St. Patty's Day in 2006. Pictured in the black top is my sorority sister Catherine and that's Megan in the green top. I have NO CLUE who the girl in the white sweater showing her midriff is...lol. The group of guys in the picture I used to hang out with a lot in college and they were a wild bunch. In fact, only 2 of them have settled down and gotten married. Judging from their Facebook pictures and statuses, not much has changed for the rest of them. Times sure have changed for me and although those were fun times, I am so happy to be where I am now!  I don't even really celebrate St. Patrick's Day anymore! 
 4. I completely forgot to blog about this but the weekend before last, Nick and I had a fun double date night with our good friends Jessica and Adam. Nick and Adam have been best friends since middle school and have grown up in church together. Jessica and I instantly clicked when Nick and I started dating. We went to eat at Outback and then to this little dive bar called "The Backyard Tavern." We played darts and just hung out and talked, very low key. This bar is definately a keeper, perfect for old people like us who just want something low key and fun. Do you have any bars like this in your town?
 5. Kennedy has had a great week! We had some more beautiful weather earlier this week and were able to get outside and play, which she loves! She finally had her 15 month check up on Monday. The shots were not fun as usual but we got a great report from her pediatrician who was very impressed by her vocabulary and how active she is. We ourselves were surprised when she pointed to the fish in the waiting room and began to yell "fish, fish!" Her head is in the 100th percentile (hehe), weight was 95th percentile (she weighs 27 pounds) and height was 90th percentile. Big girl we have here! So weird because Nick and I are both short. She is currently wearing mostly 18 month clothes and a few 24 month things.One of the moms in her class at daycare was commenting on how social Kennedy is. She says everytime she comes to pick up her son, Kennedy is waving and saying hi and then blowing kisses and yelling "bye, bye" when they leave. Love this little girl so much!

5 comments:

Angi Solle said...

Your blog is so freaking cute, I found it via the linkup. I stopped watching the Bachelor this season after realizing how annoying he was. Can't wait for the bachelorette though!

Dawn said...

JP=yuck!! Can't believe how rude he was to Chris Harrison!!! Wow! Glad he's done! And hopefully Nikki will come to her senses! I have a feeling we'll see her on a Bachelor special!

Love the Easter dress!

Have a great weekend!

Leslie said...

That dress is precious!!!

Abby Lumbard said...

She is seriously a beauty! I love that dress. I've been on the hunt for an Easter dress for Em but have come up empty so far.
It seems like Ryan and I only ever go to quiet, low key bars anymore...if we even get to go out. :) Times have definitely changed!

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Hello from the link up! That finale was an absolute train wreck!! Yikes! ... Your little girl is a doll!! Wishing you and your fam a fabulous weekend!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!