Friday, March 7, 2014

5 on Friday


Happy Friday! Here's what's been on my mind this week:

1. Dance Moms! What do you think of Kira and Kalani? I am actually liking them more than I did on Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition. I really wish Abby would let Kalani go against Maddie. I bet she would win! :) Melissa is by far my least favorite of the moms. So fake!
 2. This week I got something in the mail that really warmed my heart. My grandfather sent a 100 dollar check made out to my chapter of Phi Mu in memory of my Nana who was a Phi Mu at Duke. In the memo line it said "in memory of Carol Walker Garvin, Duke class of 55'." *TEAR* He also wrote a note saying how proud my Nana would have been of me for continuing to be active in Phi Mu.  She died in 2007, so she was alive when I joined Phi Mu but didn't live to see me become an advisor. My mom bought her a Phi Mu sweatshirt for her to wear when she went through her chemo treatments and I know somewhere we have a picture of her wearing it, wish I could find it! 

3. Our niece Lexie turned 10 this week! She has grown up so fast! She was 5 when Nick and I first started dating. She has grown up into such an smart, beautiful young girl and Kennedy LOVES her, as do we! Happy Birthday Lexie!
 Thanksgiving 2009
 Thanksgiving 2013
4. Sadly this week my friend Brittney's mother Joyce passed away. It had been ten weeks since her brain aneurism. At first they were optimistic that she would recover but in recent weeks, the doctors told Brittney, her dad and her brother Jason that unfortunately her brain had suffered too much to recover so they made the difficult decision to remove her from life support. This is the second friend I have had who has lost a parent. My best friend Ashley's dad Johnny passed away in 2011 due to pancreatic cancer. I feel like we aren't old enough to be losing parents and my heart just aches for them. It's so hard to know what to say. Praying for peace and comfort for her and her family.
5. As always I will leave you with Kennedy, my FIFTEEN month old. 15 months just sounds so old! Unfortunately we are home today due to an ear infection, her second one since January, ugh. I hope this is not going to become a trend. I hate seeing her so miserable. On a good note, new words this week are "this" "that" and "shoe." She is also turning into quite the little helper. If my phone goes off when I get a text message, she will go get my phone from the coffee table and bring it to me. Every morning I say "Kennedy, go get your shoes" or "Kennedy, go get your coat" and she will bring them to me. Such a big girl! She also loves to turn light switches on and off and put dirty clothes into the hamper. I will leave you with some pictures of our little princess! Have a great weekend!




1 comments:

Dawn said...

Happy Friday!! :)

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!