Wednesday, August 6, 2014

That Little Thing Called Fear

Last Sunday, my pastor did a wonderful sermon about fear. It was one of those sermons where I felt like he was preaching directly to me. Fear is something I struggle with a lot. I feel like I worry way too much. I am always scared about something happening to me, Nick or Kennedy. Lately Nick and I have been talking about expanding our family and trying for baby number 2. To be honest, I am excited but terrified of having another miscarriage.
My pastor had some great thoughts on this subject:
*When we spend our time worrying about what might happen, we can't spend time enjoying what God has given us.
*God is bigger than your biggest problem and there is nothing He can't handle.
*Fear and love cannot live in the same heart.
*So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?" Hebrews 13:6
*"Do not be afraid, only believe." Mark 5:36
The last verse from the book of Mark is one of my favorites. In fact, when I was pregnant with Kennedy, I typed it up and put in on my bathroom mirror. It gave me such comfort during my pregnancy.
I have realized this week that I have got to just step back and believe that everything is going to be okay. God gave me this little miracle once and I have faith He will do it again.



Linking up with Ashley @ Words About Waverly for the "Little Things" Linkup.



11 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for baby #2!!!
Im a huge worrier too, for even the smallest things. I know it holds me back a lot (and sometimes it holds others back too). I wrote those verses down, so thank you!

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

I love this post. I too am always worried about what can happen... Love these verses!!
XO.

Amanda said...

I am a worrier as well so I needed to see this post today!!!!

The Dorr Stop said...

I worry about EVERYTHING too!! My dad used to tell me frequently "don't worry, it won't matter in 100 years anyway!" These verses are a great reminder that God's got us! :)

Carol said...

You are so welcome!

Amanda {Tickled Pink} said...

"Fear and love cannot live in the same heart." These words resonate with me to the core. So true. Thanks for the reminder friend! Prayers for a comforted heart for you no matter what you and your family choose during this time. Hugs!

plumtickledpink.blogspot.com

Kelly Mock said...

What a great message! Thank you! Praying that things go smoothly for you this time around!

Courtney said...

What a great post, Carol! The fear can be all consuming, but by God's grace, He can help us through it!

Carroll said...

Wow, fear is something I struggle with, too. Thank goodness for so many powerful verses in Scripture to help us. In fact, I just posted today on my Hope and Holiness blog that I'm going to try to blog about as many Scriptures about fear as I can. :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent post and excellent scripture. Give your fears to God and He will always help you handle them!

Kaitlin Harrison said...

Just what I needed to hear also! :) Fear can be crippling and I have to remind myself daily that He is in control and wants the best for us. I am happier and feel my best when I remember those promises!
Praying for your future journey! :)

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!