Friday, August 29, 2014

Oh Hey Friday!!!!!

It's Friday! Lots of ups and downs this week. Here's what's been going on:
1. Kennedy and I were decked out in our Carolina gear yesterday. I still love my Gamecocks and always will, but last night's game was just plain pitiful. I hope we can get it together for the rest of the season!


2. We went to see our friends Corey and Elise and their new precious baby Layla this week. I made them cheesy chicken spaghetti and garlic bread. We also brought them a girly pink outfit because they were crazy brave and didn't find out the gender until she was born so they didn't have any pink clothes for that poor little girl! ;) Kennedy had a blast playing with big brother Asher. 




3. There have been way too many tragedies that have affected the students at the school Nick and I teach at. Last year I had a student that lost her brother in a car accident and a student that lost her mother to breast cancer. This week a student at our school named Dylan lost his three year old sister Kirsten in a very tragic accident. She was run over by a security golf cart outside of Aiken Regional Hospital Monday afternoon. Her mom was holding her hand and Kirsten stepped out in front of her. In the blink of eye, tragedy occured. I did not teach Dylan so I do not know this family personally but this whole situation tore me up. I cried most of the night Monday and prayed and prayed for a miracle but Kirsten died early Tuesday morning from head trauma. I cannot even imagine what her parents are going through. I don't know how I would go on. I know I would have to but I just can't even fathom it. Please pray for the Jones family.



4. Lighthearted moment from this week at school:
One of my students comes up to me upset and says the strap on his new backpack broke. I try to comfort him by saying that when I went to school back in the 90's, it was cool to wear your backpack on one shoulder. He looks at me like I am crazy and then the student that sits beside him says "that's not cool, that's dorky!" *SIGH* I am old!


5. This little girl is as ready as I am for fall! I can't believe we have a 21 month old. You can read her 21 month post here. Loving this picture of her snuggling with her stuffed animals and babydoll. She has turned into such a little Momma. Loves to feed her dolls and animals, give them paci's, cover them with blankets etc...It is the cutest thing ever!


Linking up with Karli and Amy!






5 comments:

Kelly Mock said...

Oh gosh! Prayers headed their way! That is so sad!

Carol said...

Thanks Kelly! They need prayer!

Courtney said...

Oh break my heart!! What a horrific story. Abigail pulls stuff like that all the time and it is seriously one of my greatest fears. Goodness. Praying.

Carroll said...

Praying for that family -- how tragic!

Carol said...

Thanks Carroll!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!