Sunday, August 17, 2014

Back to School Eve

 
Lunches are packed. Kennedy's bag is packed for daycare. Clothes are layed out for everyone. My classroom is ready for 21 brand new third graders. I am so ready! As much as I am going to miss being at home with my sweet baby girl, I am so ready to be back in a routine. Not to mention, I have been missing these people:


My co-worker Christine posted this picture last week on Facebook as her "Throwback Thursday" picture. This picture was taken at the end of the school year in 2009 at a co-worker's barbeque. Nick and I started dating shortly after this. I love teaching with these people!

I know I will probably have some sort of crazy "back to school" dream tonight. Past ones have included: 1. I get to school and my classroom is full of high schoolers. 2. My car breaks down on the way to school and I am late so my principal sends all my kids home. 3. Someone rearranged everything in my classroom and I can't find anything.
 
I probably won't sleep well at all tonight because I am so excited!!! This is my 9th year and I still get those "first day jitters." Which reminds me of this book:
 
 
 
 
I read it every year on the first day of school to my students. My cooperating teacher gave it to me on the last day of my student teaching and all the students in the class had signed the inside cover. Those little first graders are now going into their sophomore year of high school. My third graders that I taught my first year of teaching are going to be juniors in high school this year. CRAZY! As long as I have been teaching, I still remember every child's name when I bring out our class photos from years past. Some I remember for their creativity, some for their intelligence, some for their wit, some for their kindness and a few because they just plain drove me crazy!
 
I love what I do. Bring it on 2014/2015 school year!
 


3 comments:

Dawn said...

Hope your first day was wonderful!!! Have a great school year!

Carol said...

Thanks Dawn! You too!!!

Amanda said...

Hope that your first day was great! My mom teaches preschool but they don't start back until September 11th. The schools near us start tomorrow.

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!