Sunday, August 10, 2014

Last Weekend of Summer Break! :)

 
I couldn't have asked for a better weekend before heading back to work tomorrow for the 2014/2015 school year!
 
On Friday morning, I headed up to school to work in my classroom for awhile. The first week back to work is a "teacher work week." However, we have so many meetings that week that we barely have time to work in our classrooms so it's pretty much imperative that you get into your classroom and start working early. I took Kennedy up there with me. My former students Aslyn and Ryleigh came up to help me in my room. They organized my books, sharpened pencils and entertained Kennedy while I moved desks and hung up some things on the walls. Kennedy had a blast being at school with Mommy and as you can see below, she wanted to sit at one of the desks like a big girl!
 
This year, we have a school wide theme called "Roll Out the Red Carpet for Learning" which is basically a Hollywood theme. I am so not a crafty person so I hired my co-workers daughter Taylor to do my outside bulletin board. She did an excellent job! Monday she is coming back to decorate my door. Money well spent!

 
That afternoon we went to the Splash Pad with my friend Brandi and her daughter Evie. The girls had an absolute blast! We went around 4:00 and it wasn't crowded at all. Afterwards we went out to dinner at Chick Fila and while we were inside it started pouring down rain so I am glad we were able to get that outing in before the storm! Evie and Kennedy played so well together. These girls are almost exactly two months apart, so sweet!




 
Saturday was our friend Janna's 3rd birthday party at Adventure Crossing amusement park. I was so nervous about Kennedy riding the catapiller rollor coaster but she absolutely loved it! There was only one part where it went a little fast and she squealed with delight! I absolutely love this picture and the fact that she is waving like a beauty queen! Also love the expressions on Jessica and I's faces and the fact that you can barely see Kennedy and Janna's little heads. :) We of course also rode the Merry Go Round which is Kennedy's favorite and the airplanes but didn't get a picture. Janna and some of the older kids did go-karts with their parents but Kennedy was not tall enough so we went inside and used her tokens on some of the little indoor rides in the arcade. Kennedy had an absolute blast and Janna loved our present to her which was an "Anna" doll from Frozen and an applique "Elsa" shirt that we got embroidered with her name. 
 
 


 
Speaking of Frozen, we officially have a Frozen obsessed toddler in the house. Elsa is her favorite and everytime she comes on screen, she points and says "Elsa, Elsa!" This is the first movie Kennedy will really sit down and watch. In fact, today she almost watched it completely all the way through minus a break to eat dinner.
 
 
Today was another amazing sermon and worship session at church. We sang this song by Hillsong United,  "Wake." It is one of my favorite contemporary praise songs. The girl in the praise band that was singing it today was smiling the entire time and had so much positive energy. She really rocked this song and you could tell she had a strong love for Jesus! Her energy and faith was contagious. I left feeling so upbeat and ready for my first week back of work. If you haven't listened to this song before, it's a must. Very high energy and uplifting.
 
 
I hope everyone has a fabulous week! Thanks for reading! :)
 

2 comments:

Courtney B said...

I still can't believe school is already back in session! The summer flew by! But I'm so glad you had one last amazing weekend before starting work! You totally deserved it!

Carol said...

Thank you Courtney! I can't believe it either. Seemed like the fastest summer ever!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!