Friday, August 1, 2014

Oh hey, Friday!

I am participating in a new linkup today, the "Oh Hey, Friday" linkup with Karli @ September Farm. Here are 5 things that have been on my mind this week:
1. Nick did not get an assistant principal job, so he will be back in the classroom this year. We are okay with this. Yes, we were a little disappointed but we know God has a bigger and better plan. Maybe next year!
2. My pre-pregnancy weight was 145. A few months before I got pregnant, I was 140 but then the holidays came. :)  I have been stuck between 150 and 153 for the past few months. I work out 4-5 times a week. I probably could eat a little better but for the most part I do pretty good. I swear my metabolism has gotten terrible since I turned thirty. Finally this week, I decided "it is what it is." I definately don't want to gain anymore weight but I am okay with the way I am. It would be nice to be back at my pre-pregnancy weight but I am just going to keep doing what I am doing and not stress. Life's too short!
3. We had dinner at our friends Jessica and Joe's house last night. They cooked fresh shrimp that they got from their trip to Beaufort last weekend.I brought this amazing brownie trifle for desert. It is so easy to make! All you do is layer brownie chunks, vanilla pudding mixed with cool whip, crushed oreos then repeat. I made my brownies with a Duncan Hines mix but you could probably just use storebought brownies as well. Kennedy and Janna had a ball playing together as usual. They were chasing each other around the house, pushing babydolls in strollers and playing in Janna's play kitchen. So much fun!




4. What did ya'll think of the finale of the Bachelorette? I thought Andi and Josh were super cheesy, those short smacky kisses? Ugh. Also thought Josh's proposal speech sounded way too rehearsed. Nothing like Sean's proposal to Catherine which I thought was so genuine.  However, I heard they have already moved in together so maybe it will last, we shall see. How awkward was the drama on After the Rose?  Did you think Nick was right to call Andi out about "making love" in the fantasy suite? Ya'll know me, I am a huge Andi fan. Afterall, she is my Phi Mu sista! However, I really think that whole conversation could have been avoided had she met with him before the taping. I am not a Nick fan but I really think he had some valid points about her leading him on. I actually felt a bit sorry for him.


5. I am trying to soak up every moment I have with Kennedy before I go back to work on August 11th. Wednesday was a really fun day. We went to see my dad and my sister in Columbia. My sister just got a new kitten and Kennedy was obsessed with him just like she was with the neighborhood cats while we were in Portland. She kept saying "kitty" over and over again. Too bad Nick hates cats so there is no way we are getting one of her own.

My sister wanted me to clarify that she was headed to work (she waits tables at Fatz) and that's why she is "dressed rough." *eye roll*



After we left my dad's house, we headed to the mall and met Aunt Gretchen and Marley for a cousin play date. We ate lunch at Chick Fil-a, rode the merry go round and played on the indoor playground. I wish I had taken more pictures. They had a ball together!  Kennedy couldn't stop saying "Marley!" I know I have said this many times before but we are so blessed that Kennedy has a cousin so close in age to her. (18 months apart) So excited for them to grow up together.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Thanks for reading!



7 comments:

Carroll said...

That brownie trifle looks amazing!! So glad you had a good visit with your family, too! Happy Weekend!!

Amanda {Tickled Pink} said...

Bummer about the hubby's job, but you're so right. Bigger and better things are planned! Omg. Your sister is so silly. She does not look "rough"! It looks like Kennedy enjoyed the merry-go-round. Lily really wanted to ride the one at the zoo...so we did and she hated it. ha! Happy Weekend friend!

Nina B. said...

woah lady that brownie trifle!

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

oh my, that brownie trifle looks amazing!!! And you're right, now that I'm in my thirties, my metabolic rate is CRAZY slow.... and even though I didn't like Nick through the season, I felt sorry for him!! Have a wonderful weekend XO

amy johnson said...

Oh man. So much to say....
first off, I agree with your metabolism slowing down thing... especially after kids. I could stand to lose another 5 lbs for sure - and it seems so much harder than it used to be!
secondly - the bachelorette. Oh my. I wasn't able to watch it until Wednesday which just about killed me. BUT, I totally agree with you on all points. That ATFR was so awkward. I literally rewound it three times to hear what Nick said. I was shocked, but it was a very valid question, and had Andi met with him like he had wanted it wouldn't have been addressed on live tv. I bet her father was proud. Ha.
Thanks so much for linking up with Karli and I today!!! Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

I didn't like Nick the entire season, but did feel sorry for him at the end. Seemed like he was genuine and was sincerely upset. I think Andi could have avoided the "making love" thing had she not acted like she didn't like him the entire season or something. I also agree about Josh and Andi, they seemed like they were 13 years old and Josh's proposal had me cringing. Oh well, seems like they are happy though.

Klein Dot Co said...

Love your bachy recap!! Totally agree on the preggers weight- so much happier to just let it go!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!