Friday, August 8, 2014

My Last Friday as a SAHM (until next summer!)

I am linking up with Karli and Amy today for Oh Hey Friday! :)

Here's what has been on my mind this week:

 
1. This is my last Friday at home with Kennedy because I go back to work on Monday. :( I am sad because this summer has been so much fun and I will miss her so much. I do have to admit though that I am ready to be back in the classroom. I truly love teaching and "back to school" is such a fun time. Ready to meet my new crop of 3rd graders!
 
2. I can't even type this without laughing. Bachelor in Paradise...oh my goodness... so silly! LOL. My friend Jessica and I were texting each other the whole time and we were dying laughing when Clare was talking to the racoon and when Ashlee went all psycho and was talking to herself. What a train wreck! Let's not even get started on Lacy.... Will I continue to watch? Of course! Bahahahaha.
 
 
3. I had lunch with my friend Candice this week. I hadn't seen her in a very long time. We had a falling out almost two years ago. She apologized and reached out to me about a year ago but I just wasn't ready. Finally,  I realized that life's too short. Even though she really hurt my feelings, it was time to move past it and try to trust her again. I also felt like it was time to finally just forgive her and get rid of the bitterness in my heart. Afterall, God wants us to love and forgive just like He does for us. I don't know if we will ever be as close as we used to be but it was really good to see her.


 
 
 
4. Yesterday I treated myself to a massage/facial for back to school. The massage therapist that I go to was running a special. 70 dollars for an hour long massage and 30 minute mini facial. You can't beat that price. It was wonderful!
 
5. So what has Kennedy been up to this week?
 
She is absolutely obsessed with this baby stroller that I got for 5 dollars from a yard sale. She is still loving her babies!
 
She amazes us everyday with some of the things she says and knows. We try to point out colors, shapes, letters and count with her as much as possible but some stuff just comes out of nowhere! Today we weren't even talking about shapes and she pointed at something and yelled "square!"
 
We have always prayed with her before dinner and then again before bedtime. Now she has started clasping her little hands together and she will say "amen" at the end.  It is the cutest thing ever! She also is starting to be able to say the "God our father" prayer, which they sing before meals at her daycare. Another cute thing she says is "bless you" when ANYONE and I mean ANYONE sneezes. Strangers included!


We are still absolutely loving popsicles! I am so glad that we live in the south and still have a few more months of warm weather. Popsicles are so much more easier when enjoyed outside right before bath time!
 


 
 
Today, we are headed to the splash pad as soon as Kennedy wakes up with my friend Brandi and her little girl Evie. Then tomorrow, we have Janna's 3rd birthday party at Adventure Crossing amusement park. Should be a great weekend!
 
Thanks for stopping by! 

 
 
 


4 comments:

Courtney said...

Bachelor In Paradise was so much more than I ever could have expected. Hahahaha it was amazing.

Emily said...

I wish you the best of luck as you head back to work :)

Carol said...

Thank you so much Emily!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Half naked popsicles! love it! If I do that with Aria she gets mad when the pop drips on her, ha. So, I just let her eat them in her high chair with a big ol bib on. She is much happier that way! mm I should make some soon. So yummy.
haha! That is cute that she bless yous strangers =) super duper cute.

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!