Friday, August 22, 2014

Oh Hey Friday!

Excited to be linking up again with Karli and Amy for Oh Hey Friday!
Here's what's been on my mind this week:
1.The first day of school went great! I am really enjoying my students so far. Even the music teacher said to me yesterday when I picked them up, " you have such a sweet class!" I do have to keep reminding myself that they are still basically 2nd graders though and try to be patient as they transitition to the much harder third grade routines and rules.  This is me on the first day with my friend/co-worker Becky's twins Luke and Ella who are in my class this year. :)

2 I don't really enjoy cooking. If I see a recipe that has a long prep time and more than like 7 ingredients, it's a no go for me. Especially being a working momma. I belong to a Facebook dinner club where you can share recipes. There's a girl on there who is constantly sharing these recipes that have like an hour and 45 minute prep time and 20 ingredients.






So in honor of that chick, I am going to post one of my favorite go to easy recipes. In fact I made it Monday after the first day of school. Prep time is about 15 minutes.

Chicken Casserole:
Ingredients:
1 sleeve of Ritz Crackers
Half a stick of butter
Family size cream of chicken soup
8 oz container of sour cream
Rotesserie chicken
*The original recipe required you to boil and shred your own chicken. Again, "ain't nobody got time for that!" I almost always buy a rotesserie chicken anytime I see that in a recipe.

Directions:
Debone the rotesserie chicken and put shredded pieces at bottom of casserole dish. Mix the cream of chicken soup and sour cream together.Pour over top. Crush Ritz crackers. Melt half of stick of butter and pour over Ritz Crackers. Sprinkle Ritz Crackers on top. Bake casserole at 350 for 25 minutes. I usually serve with green beans and rolls.




 3. Tonight we are going on a double date with our friends Jessica and Joe to a local seafood restaurant and then to our church where the worship band is recording their 5th live album. I am so excited to be a part of it! Also excited for some adult time. :)

4. Have you ever had one of those "Momma Bear" moments? I try to be as as laidback as possible but sometimes the outspoken side of me just comes out. When I picked up Kennedy from daycare on Wednesday, she was bawling because another child had pulled her hair and according to her teacher, it was quite hard, more of a yank actually. Kennedy immediately pointed to the child who did it and called out her name. (Tattletale,  I know!) LOL. But before I could stop myself I said aloud "Ohhh it's okay, she's just jealous because she barely has any hair." Her teacher was cracking up but I was more like "ooops did I just say that out loud?" Oh well, I am sure there will be many more of those "Mommy moments" to come!

5. So what has Kennedy been up to this week? Besides getting her hair pulled! She loves to tell everyone that she will be 2 in a few months. It's really cute how she says 2, she drags out the o. "Twooooo." I am also loving how she answers questions now when we ask her. It's fun asking her about her day on the way home from daycare. Yesterday she told me she played outstide and that _____ went to timeout!  She has really gotten into puzzles the past couple of weeks and I am loving the Melissa and Doug puzzles my mom bought her for Christmas last year. She really hadn't shown much interest in them until recently but now she loves them! This shape one is her favorite and I love it because it's great to practice not only shapes but colors.


Kennedy is also officially "boy crazy."  She has a crush on an adorable little boy at daycare named Garris, who is quite smitten with her too. However, Kennedy absolutely loves our friends Jessica and Adam's little boy Grayson, who is 4. This picture was taken at church last Sunday and Grayson looks less enthused about Kennedy wanting to hold his hand, hehe. Jessica and I of course thought it was the cutest thing!


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!






5 comments:

Leslie said...

I make that chicken recipe too and love it!!

Carroll said...

So fun! I'm glad you are enjoying your class this year and that recipe sounds delicious! I'll have to try it soon. :)

Carol said...

Me too! It is so yummy!

Carol said...

Definitely do! It is so yummy!

Susan S. said...

I'm glad you're off to a good start to the school year! Those pictures of the hand holding kill me- too cute!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!