Friday, January 3, 2014

It's Friday!

 
Okay so I love this linkup so much that last week I wrote a whole post and there was no linkup. I still posted it! Glad to be linking up with these ladies again!
 
1. Did you have a good New Year's Eve? We did! My brother in law Jon and sister in law Rachael came over. We played Phase 10 and Just Dance 4 and had a few adult beverages. Our neighbors shot off A LOT of fireworks which we normally we wouldn't have a problem with but Kennedy woke up around 10:30 and was shaking. They scared her so bad! Poor baby. I had to rock her back to sleep. Other than that, it was a great evening and I am proud to say I made it to midnight but crashed shortly after.


 
2. I totally cried when Connor Shaw accepted his MVP trophy at the Capital One bowl. He will be missed as will Jadeveon Clowney. What a great game and a great season for the Gamecocks!

 
3. On Tuesday, I had lunch and caught up with this girl! Cassie did my maternity leave when I was out with Kennedy and we became fast friends. After I came back, my principal hired her as the computer lab teacher for the remainder of the year because she was so awesome. This year she is teaching 5th grade at a local charter school. I miss working with her! She is such a fun person to be around and we have the same sense of humor. :) I am blessed to have many good friends in my life and happy to say Cassie is one of them!

 
4. I am currently reading this:
 
Can I just say I love Mary Kay Andrews?!?! One of my favorite authors. If you haven't read anything by her yet, you need to. Especially if you like Southern Chick Lit with a good sense of humor! Loving this one so far.
 
5. Kennedy turned 13 months old this past Saturday. I wasn't going to take monthly pictures in her chair anymore but I just can't help it. I am not ready for her to grow up yet! Her newest obsession? Reading books in one of the tubs we use to hold her toys. Too funny!
 



 
Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Abby Lumbard said...

omg how adorable is she?! Thanks for the heads up on the book- just got a kindle and am looking for some new material! :)

Carroll said...

So glad you had such a fun NYE (minus the fireworks!). I love getting together with friends and playing games. I'll have to look out for Mary Kay Andrews. One of my goals this year is to read more and her books sound really fun!

Leslie said...

Pretty sure if I could sit in a small tub and read my favorite books, I would too!! :-)

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!