Friday, January 31, 2014

5 on Friday!

Happy Friday! Here's what's been going on in our world this week:
1. We had about 2 inches of snow this week! It started snowing around 8:00 Tuesday night. We had early dismissal Tuesday, no school Wednesday and a late arrival Thursday so not much learning went on this week in room 310 but that's okay. Kennedy loved the snow for the first 5 minutes but then was ready to come inside! I think she may end up being like her momma. I am not much of a snow person. I am still really glad she got to experience it though.

You can really tell in this picture she is ready to go in! Look at that pouty face!
2. What did ya'll think of Sean and Catherine's wedding? I had mixed feelings. First of all, what in the world was up with that music she came down the aisle to? So awkward! I also thought that the whole "honeymoon suite cam" and the constant talk about the wedding night was a bit overkill. And the "grown sexy" theme? Weird! However, I loved the fact that they had Sean's dad marry them, loved Catherine's dress and loved how the groomsmen prayed over Sean before the ceremony. I also thought it was so sweet how emotional Sean got. 

3. My dad is the lead writer for the Gamecocks on Bleacher Report.  I am loving his latest column entitled , "Why an NFL team should take a chance on Connor Shaw." I really hope an NFL team picks him up. Dylan Thompson has some big shoes to fill next year. You can read the article here.

4. I follow a lot of children's clothing stores on Facebook and there have been soooo many cute Easter dresses blowing up my newsfeed. I haven't ordered one yet for Kennedy because next week I am hitting up a local consignment sale for boutique clothing that I have heard is amazing! I got Kennedy's Easter dress from a consignment sale last year for 5 dollars! I am hoping I get that lucky again this year but if not, I have plenty of ideas for backups. ;) I am especially loving all the Easter dresses from my favorite online kids clothing store thisandthatforkids.com

 Flashback to Kennedy's 1st Easter! (4 months old)
 5.Kennedy turned 14 months on Tuesday! She has been talking so much more lately and one of her favorite words is "me!" LOL. I am not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. On Monday when we came home, our neighbors kids were riding their bikes in the street. Kennedy kept pointing at them and saying "me, me, me! My response "Nooo, not yet!"

I will leave you with my cutie in her daddy's favorite outfit on her, Carhart overalls and a camo bow! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm ready to send the snow away...for good! I watched the wedding too- love Papa Jay...I agree the honeymoon suite cam was WAY awkward! Haha!


All of the FB/IG clothing sales are getting me into trouble! Too many cute things! Hope y'all have a good weekend!!

Carroll said...

Hope you have good luck at the consignment sale! Those are always so fun. :) Happy Friday!

Royal @ Royal Proclaims said...

That's so cool that your dad writes that column! And he's totally right!
Any kid in overalls is a winner! I hope you find another good deal at the consignment sale for Easter! Our big sales don't start here until March.

Laura said...

those bows on Kennedy kill me...so cute!!! I didn't even start thinking about Easter dresses for Easter! Oy, gotta start looking for Natalie!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!