Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday!

Whew...what a week! So glad it's Friday and so happy for this linkup! Thanks ladies!

Here's what's been on my mind this week:
1. We were on a two hour delay Tuesday and Wednesday due to the cold weather. It was so nice being able to start work at 9:40 instead of 7:40. Honestly, I wish we could do it everyday. My students were well rested and they paid so much more attention while I was teaching! It was also nice having a shortened school day and I felt like at the end of the day I hadn't "lost them" like I usually feel like I do on a normal school day. I know in other countries, students only go to school for half a day but they have to go to school on Saturdays. Got me thinking if American kids would benefit from a schedule like that. Thoughts???

2. Who watched The Bachelor? Any favorites so far? I am loving Elise, Chelsie and of course Andie. She's a Phi Mu, can't go wrong!



3. One of my favorite clothing sites for Kennedy is thisandthatforkids.com. They are having a big blowout sale right now. I have heard from a lot of people that the key to saving money on kids clothes is to shop ahead and buy in the next size. It's hard though when you are shopping for specific holiday. I found an adorable smocked Thanksgiving dress for 24.99. I ordered in a 2T but now I am thinking maybe I should have gotten a 24 month. I didn't even really know there was a difference between the two? Fingers crossed it fits this fall. Kennedy just started wearing 18 month clothing.



4. I am so excited that my Gamecocks finished 4th in the nation! Highest Gamecock ranking in history! I can't wait for next season!



5. So what has Kennedy been up to this week? She has been allll over the place! She is full on walking! She now doesn't even like for me to carry her when we leave daycare. She likes to hold my hand and walk to the car. Such a big girl! She also has all of a sudden become quite the dancer. She has danced a little in the past but this past week she has started dancing in the car and when we picked her up from the nursery at church last Sunday, the ladies were cracking up over her. They had been playing some kids praise songs and Kennedy had been shaking it! She has also turned into an awesome sleeper and I hope it stays that way. When we don't have work/daycare the next day, she goes down between 7:30 and 8:00 and sleeps until 7:30-8:00 am. She also is down to one 2 hr nap, usually from 12:30-2:30, except on Sundays when we have church and don't get home until 1:00. She adjusts very well though and after lunch, she still goes down for around 2 hrs. I will leave you with a few pictures of our little princess!
 Still loves to read in baskets, toy buckets etc...
 So on the go that it's hard to get pictures these days! I can't even catch her or get her to slow down!
Time please slow down!



4 comments:

Dawn said...

If you find a way to freeze time, just let me know! ;)

Kaitlin Harrison said...

Can't get enough of that sweet Kennedy! Sounds like her sweet personality is really starting to sprout :)

The Dorr Stop said...

She is so precious!!! How do you keep those bows in her hair?! Reagan starts trying to take them out before I even get them in her hair these days! Sometimes I can sneak the tiny ones in if she's sleeping! ;)

The Dorr Stop said...

She is so precious!!! How do you keep those bows in her hair?! Reagan starts trying to take them out before I even get them in her hair these days! Sometimes I can sneak the tiny ones in if she's sleeping! ;)

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!