Friday, October 11, 2013

Why I love being a working mom!

I am linking up with  all the other working moms @ Kelly's Korner today!

My name is Carol and I have been married to my husband Nick for 3 years. We have a 10 month old daughter named Kennedy. I am a third grade teacher. Being a teacher is a great job for mommies. I love having the summers and holidays off and being able to spend time with Kennedy. Right now, we could not afford for me to be a SAHM. However, my husband will be graduating in May with his masters in school administration with the hopes of being an assistant principal and maybe someday a principal. When that happens, we could probably afford for me to stay at home. But...that's not going to happen because being a SAHM is just not for me. I don't think there is anything wrong with being a SAHM but I wouldn't be able to do it. There are lots of reasons why.You could probably compare my personality to a Jack Russell Terrier. I love people, I love to talk and I love to be busy. During my 7 weeks of maternity leave, after Nick went back to teaching, I went nuts. I have to have interaction with other people. Another reason is I hate housework. I love the system Nick and I have. We split the chores evenly down the middle. If I was a SAHM, it would make sense that I would do more housework since I would be at home. No thank you. The biggest reason is, I LOVE MY JOB! The district I work in is one of the best in South Carolina and I am not just saying that. I know 4 girls that quit teaching to be SAHMs. They are all now trying to get back into our school district since their kids are school age and none of them have been able to find jobs because everyone wants to teach in our district. Honestly I have had 2 goals since I was the age of 6 and that was to be a teacher and a mommy.  I am so blessed that I have acheived both of those goals and that I can have the best of both worlds since I get to be at home with Kennedy in the summer.

I am not saying at all though that I didn't BAWL the first time I dropped Kennedy off at daycare. It was so hard to leave her and it's been really hard these past couple weeks with her going through the seperation anxiety stage. I miss her all the time when I am at work and the best part of my day is going to pick her up at daycare and seeing her smiling face. Being away from her is hard but I love her daycare and I love the fact that she is interacting with other babies. She has reached many milestones very early and I truly believe it's because she is with other babies all day long.  The picture below is of me and Kennedy on my first day back to work. She was 7 weeks old! So tiny!


I hope through this linkup I will be able to connect with some other working moms! :)Being a working mom can be hard but I know being a SAHM is a hard job too so kudos to all the SAHMs out there! I have a lot of respect for ya'll!

 
Don't forget! My Kelly's Kids party closes Tuesday the 15th!
Enter party #18154 at checkout

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knowing you as I do, I cannot imagine you being a SAHM. Thanks for this post which makes a good point - some people aren't cut out to stay at home while others thrive at it. Vive la difference!

Carol said...

Thanks Mommy!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!