Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Personal Post

Tomorrow, (Wednesday) I will be guest blogging on Maddie's blog, The Whimsy One. If you are currently struggling through infertility or have in the past or just want an awesome blog to read, check it out. She posted a queso dip today that looks AMAZING. However, my reason for guest blogging for her is to tell my story for her infertility prayer project. Some of you may know that I had two miscarriages before I had Kennedy. Although I was able to get pregnant easily, it was very hard for me to carry a baby full term. We think the cause was mostly a progesterone issue but we aren't 100 percent sure because my 2nd pregnancy I was on suppliments and still miscarried. It was the hardest thing I ever had to go through but in a crazy way, I am thankful for it. The experience has made me appreciate having Kennedy so much more. It also brought me so much closer to God. When I e-mailed Maddie about participating in this blog project, I was nervous. I had a co-worker tell me that what I went throught was not infertility because I didn't struggle to get pregnant. Maddie recognizes that having multiple miscarriages is a form of infertility. I am very grateful to her for letting me share my story. At first, Nick and I kept this very private. Only close friends and family knew. However, I realize there may be other women out there going through the same thing I went through. There were things I wished I had known or been more assertive about, especially in my first pregnancy. Also, when I was going through my struggle,  I loved reading people's blogs who had had multiple miscarriages and were finally able to sucessfully conceive. They gave me hope. I hope you will enjoy reading my story. Thanks again to Maddie for letting me share.

2 comments:

Maddie~The Whimsy One said...

So glad to have you over today!! I am linking to my facebook. Feel free to do the same or email to anyone you actually want to share your journey with:)

Carol said...

Thank you so much Maddie!!!! :) I may actually send a link to my favorite co-worker. ;)

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!