Sunday, September 22, 2013

Miss Sassafras Pageant!

This weekend Kennedy and I went to watch the Miss Sassafras Festival Pageant. This pageant is a HUGE deal in the area I teach, so I knew most of the girls in the pageant. Some of them were former students or siblings of my students etc... I never did pageants when I was younger but my cousin Chelsea did. I used to LOVE watching her compete in pageants and I loved  watching them on tv. I don't think Kennedy will be doing pageants. It's too expensive plus I would rather her be involved in something active like sports or girl scouts. However, we had such a great time at the pageant. I was nervous about how she would do but she did great! My co-worker Christine saved me an aisle seat in case I had to get up if she started fussing but she never did.  She loved it when everyone cheered and clapped! I think she thought they were clapping for her because that's what we do at home, haha. She also loved flirting and making faces at this guy across the aisle who looked nothing like Nick especially since he had a Gamecock hat on! ;) Good choice Kennedy! :)
 My former student Ryleigh was 1st runner up in the 7-9 division and won "best smile!"
 My former student Madisyn won division queen and "best hair" for the 13-15 age group!
Kennedy got crowned!!!
 
So proud of these beautiful and intelligent young ladies! :)

5 comments:

SLAM said...

Such fun! I've never been to a pageant before, very cool that you saw some of your previous students!

Christina McGuire said...

Hi Carol!
I'm your newest follower. You have a cute blog :) Hope you'll stop by my blog and follow along as well.
All the best,
Christina

Carol said...

They are actually a lot of fun to watch! You should go to one if you get the chance! :)

Carol said...

Thanks for following Christina! :)

Laura said...

Looks like such a fun day! Thanks for stopping by my blog..looking forward to following you!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!