Friday, September 6, 2013

Five on Friday!

 I am linking up once again with these lovely ladies for "5 on Friday." I usually try to post about the 5 things I am excited about this week but like last week, the first thing I am posting about is not something exciting but has been on my mind. 

1. My student Rylee's older brother Ryan was killed in a car accident Labor Day morning. My heart breaks for her and her family. In the two weeks we have been in school, Rylee has talked nonstop about her big brother Ryan. He was 23 years old. Gone too soon. :( Please keep this sweet family in your prayers.

2. Border Bash is Saturday!!! My husband is a GA fan and I am a USC fan so it's a big day in the Kaune household. Every year we have a small get together at our house to watch the game. Wifey is hoping for a 4-peat!!!
 3. I am advisor at my alma mater USC-Aiken for my sorority Phi Mu. We  had rush this week so I have been up at school helping out. Today was bid day so I brought Kennedy up there with me. She wore her little Phi Mu outfit and had such a blast with the big girls! USCA has a wonderful tradition at bid day called the fountain run. We only have 3 sororities, so each sorority stands at a different place around a fountain in the quad. Then, the new girls come running out of the student center and they run towards the sorority they are pledging. Everyone was so excited to see their little legacy and I think we have some great new sisters in Phi Mu!

4. Funny school story this week. One of my very dramatic students wasn't at school Wednesday but when I was doing car duty, her mom drove through the car line to pick up her little sister. My student was in the car and she started smiling and jumping up and waving out the window when she saw me. Thursday, I asked her why she wasn't at school. She said "I didn't feel good." I said "well it sure you looked like you were feeling better when you came through the car line" and I did an impression of her jumping up and waving. One of my other students says in this loud voice "OOOOOHHH BUSTED!" I burst out laughing. So funny!

5. I think we may have a walker soon! Kennedy is pulling up on EVERYTHING! Nick walked at 10 months so I think she could be following in her daddy's footsteps! As always, I will leave you with this cuteness!


 

2 comments:

Carroll said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry for your terrible lost and will definitely be lifting up that family in prayer. I'm so glad rush went well! I also advise my sorority at my alma mater and it is so fun! Hope y'all have a great weekend!!

Carol said...

Thank you Carroll! What sorority were you in? Have a great weekend too!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!