Friday, September 20, 2013

5 on Friday!

 
Linking up again with these lovely ladies for 5 on Friday! Here is what I am excited about this week:
 
1. Diem and Aneesa lost the elimnation round on the Challenge: Rivals 2. Diem is annoying and whiny. I am tired of hearing her same sob story every season. BYE!

 2. These are my new favorites for Kennedy! The purple smocked dress my mom bought for her. It's Little Red Riding Hood, so adorable. The coat and the Thanksgiving outfit were 2 of my best finds at the consignment sale at Kennedy's daycare. The Thanksgiving outfit is a 4t so she won't be wearing it for a long time but I couldn't resist for 7 dollars!!! I bought a lot of other stuff at the sale but these two were by far my favs! I think the peacoat is adorable and it even has a hood!
 
3. It may sound silly but I was actually a little nervous about volunteering at the consignment sale at Kennedy's daycare. A few (not all) of the moms I have run into at the daycare have been a little snooty. I walked in and right away, a mom named Erin came and introduced herself to me with a big smile. Her older daughter is in the 4 K class and her younger daughter Callie is in the nursery with Kennedy. She introduced me to a lot of the moms and I had a blast volunteering and getting to know some of the other moms. I will definately be volunteering again! :) Erin reminded me of how just a simple act of kindness can go a long way. :)
 
4.Funny school story of the week:
Me: Everyone's eyes should be on the smartboard
Student: Seriously?
Me: Yes
Student: Okay, anybody got a knife?
This is an 8 year old people!!!! Talk about a quirky sense of humor!
 
5. I will leave you with my sweet baby girl Kennedy who has been standing on her own this week and started wearing shoes! I know I sound redneck but I haven't really seen the point in her wearing shoes up until now. Now that she is starting to try to walk and the weather is getting a little cooler, I figured it was time. She looked like such a big girl in her shoes and she had so much fun standing and trying to walk in them that she passed out on Daddy! I think this picture is absolutely hysterical!

 Mommy's little Chunky Monkey!
 
Have a great weekend!!!!

2 comments:

Royal @ Royal Proclaims said...

I'm glad you made some friends at the daycare! I only know snooty ones at mine and always shy away from helping out. Maybe I'll give them a try next time.

Those rolls! Sweet little Kennedy! What a cutie!!

Random note, but did you know you are a no-reply blogger? You have left a few comments on my page in the past and I have always replied to them via email. Today, however, I noticed that you are a no-reply blogger, so you probably think I have never responded to you, which makes me super-duper-sad. I always respond, but I have no clue where those replies have gone! Just thought I'd let you know!

Carol said...

Oh goodness, what is a no-reply blogger??? I am so new to the whole blogging thing. Yikes. How do I change that? Thank you so much for letting me know!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!