Friday, September 13, 2013

Five on Friday

 Linking up again with these lovely ladies for the "5 on Friday" fun. Here is what I am excited about this week:


1. Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition!!!! Am I the only crazy one who watches this show? I LOVE IT. I will never forget watching this show last season with my parents. I had just had Kennedy and they were in town for 2 weeks helping out. Abby said "today's  group challenge is flexibility." My stepfather says "oh yeah, cause you look real flexible. I bet the most flexible you get is bending down to pick up a pretzel." Bahahahaha. Made me laugh so hard my stitches almost popped out.

2. I have said this before, but my class this year is so awesome. I mentioned this last week but my student Rylee's older brother Ryan was killed in a car accident Labor Day morning. This group of kids has just rallied around Rylee and supported her in every way they can. They have made her cards, given her THEIR OWN treats that they have earned in class and one boy Logan even brought her a Clemson jersey that he had at home because he knows how much she loves Clemson. Such a sweet group of kids!

3. My friend Stephanie and her man Colin got engaged this week! They have been together for eight years and I am so excited for them. He proposed in front of a waterfall while they were hiking. So romantic! Can't wait for their wedding!


4. We play Vanderbilt this weekend! We need a win after last weekend's disappointing loss!
Go Cocks!
 
5. Kennedy has had many milestones this week. She has been eating "school lunch" at daycare. They send a menu home every week and we circle the things on the menu that we are okay with her having, which is mostly everything. We don't want her to have hotdogs or corn dogs but she has had a lot of new foods like chicken and dumplings, turkey and beefaroni. She also had her first ponytail this past weekend! So cute! AAAAND, she has stood by herself without holding on to anything a few times this week. She can only stand for a few seconds and then falls on her bottom but still, wow! She is growing up so fast!


6 comments:

Kelly said...

I watch Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition! I LOVE it! :)

Carol said...

Me too! I was glad they kept Chloe this week! I love Ritchie. :)

Anonymous said...

Your class sounds awesome. The way they rallied around Rylee is touching and inspiring. And enjoy all of Kennedy's milestones and the many, many more to come!

Royal @ Royal Proclaims said...

That ponytail! It's too cute, I can't handle it!
Oh, thank goodness we walked away with a win! I always worry about playing Vandy, you just never know how the outcome will be.

Carol said...

They are an awesome group of kids. :) Definately enjoying all of Kennedy's milestones. :)

Carol said...

Thanks! We loved the ponytail too and it kept her hair out of her eyes so that was a bonus! :) Yes, it's never a sure thing when it comes to beating Vandy, especially when your team shuts down the second half...smh. But hey, a win is a win!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!