Friday, February 28, 2014

5 on Friday




Linking up for the 5 on Friday fun! We made it! This week has been a long one!

1. My best friend Megan's bridal shower was last Saturday at my house. We had a great time! My mother in law made these adorable "wedding dress" cupcakes.

I messaged Brent on Facebook and asked him a whole bunch of questions about himself. Megan had to answer them and for each one she got wrong, she had to put a piece of bubble gum in her mouth. Fun times! Hahahaha.
Opening bedding for the marital bed! :)
Megan's mom has had a group of friends that she has know for 30 plus years. They refer to themselves as the "YaYa's." It was so fun having them at the shower! This is Michelle, Megan, Megan's mom Barbara, Stephanie and Theresa.
Megan with her matron of honor (me!) and her bridesmaid Kasey (Brent's sister) Her other bridesmaid Jen had to leave early due to a family emergency. :(
Phi Mu girls. Megan is Melody's big sis! :)
I am not sure why but every single time I have an event at my house, I forget to take pictures of the food table. You can kind of see it in the background of the pictures but we had a fruit tray, bacon cheddar ranch dip with wheat thin chips, crockpot meatballs, cake batter dip with nilla waffers and chicken salad with croissants. The countdown is on to the bachelorette party in 1 week and more importantly, the wedding in 30 days! So exciting!

2. Oh my goodness, how good was The Bachelor this week? Yay for Andi telling off Juan Pablo! I think he's a total douchebag but I am of course still going to watch until the end. I hope the rumors are true about Andi being the next Bachelorette!

3. This is Kennedy's new favorite book. It is the cutest story that goes along with the nursery rhyme "to market to market," except the animals at the market all start going crazy. So funny!  If you have a toddler or preschool age child it is a must have!
4. As many of you know, every night I pray for women who are dealing with infertility. I pray for them in general and I pray for specific women I know are dealing with infertility. God has been so faithful to many of the women I have prayed for, blog friends, church friends, co-workers and sorority sisters. My good friend and former roomate Sara and her husband Greg have been trying for over a year now and Sara has recently been diagnosed with PCOS.  For awhile Sara has kept this private but she is now reaching out and asking for prayer. Will you join me in praying that God makes them parents?

5. Kennedy is 15 months old today! I completely forgot to take her chair picture so I will have to do that this weekend. So what's new? Talking, talking, talking, some things we can understand, some we can't. One word we heard loud and clear yesterday morning was "bow!" Are you surprised? Right after I got her dressed for school, she started pointing at her bow holder and saying "bow" over and over again. Momma is so proud, lol. She is also cutting FIVE, yes, 5 teeth right now! Poor thing! Once these pop completely through, she will have seven teeth. We had some more awesome weather this week and were able to play outside a lot which she loved. I love how she loves to be outside but even when outside she is still "all girl," has to have a babydoll or her Minnie doll with her! 



So blessed to have this precious baby girl in our lives! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Looks like a fun shower! Love the wedding dress cupcakes! :) Definitely will pray for your friends.

Bailley said...

hi from the link up! That bridal shower looks like so much fun! Those cupcakes are too cute! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!