Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday Memoirs-Our Jamaican Honeymoon!


Linking up with Royal over @ Royal Proclaims for Monday Memoirs! I hope others will join in on the fun and share some memories with us!

Today I am blogging about our amazing honeymoon to Sandals Whitehouse resort in Jamaica! Just like our wedding, it didn't exactly start off amazing. This was because a week before our honeymoon, a tropical storm had hit Jamaica. Our shuttle driver from the airport informed us that instead of the normal 2 hr drive to the resort, it would be 3 to 4 hours due to roads being closed. The trip was MISERABLE. The roads were bumpy and winding and the girl in front of us was puking into a plastic bag the entire time. By the time we got to the resort, I just wanted go lie down in our room. We get to our room and SURPRISE, there are ANTS EVERYWHERE! I burst into tears because I was tired, jetlagged and nauseous from the bus ride. Nick immediately got on the phone to try and get our room switched. The person he spoke to said they would come "spray" the room. Nick replied with "no, this is my honeymoon and my new wife is crying! I want a new room!" Finally, they switched our room. This was the only time we felt like we didn't have good service at Sandals, the rest of the trip was absolutely amazing!

Us on the plane

We did a spa day, which I definately enjoyed more than Nick. We had couples massages, body wraps and then got to go into a hot tub and eat fresh fruit and champagne. Nick was not a fan of the body wrap, as you can see! 
The best part about Sandals resorts is that they are all inclusive, meaning you can eat and drink all you want! The alcoholic beverages were delicious and so was the food! Nick's favorite drink was called the "5th element" and mine was the "Jamaican Smile." I also really enjoyed the martinis from the martini bar. I think I sampled all the flavors but the peach was my favorite! Our favorite restaurant was an italian restaurant, can't think of the name. They also had an amazing restaurant with a breakfast buffet. We usually would go there for breakfast and have mimosas and lots of food and be good to go until dinnertime.

This night I may or may not have had a little too much to drink and thought I was a rapper....

The people on the resort were always so friendly and always willing to stop and take your picture. We made friends with several of the workers there and by the end of the week, our favorite bartender Gary  at the swim up bar already knew our drink orders. The picture below was actually taken by our new friends Matt and Kelly. They were on their honeymoon too and were from Valdosta, Georgia so we bonded with them because they were Southern like us. They got married on October 2nd too, as did most of the other honeymooners there, which was neat. Kelly and I still keep up on Facebook. I am sad that we didn't get a picture with them! 

We spent most of our time on the beach and at the pool. We love the beach, so this was the best honeymoon imaginable for us. Both of us had an amazing tan when we came home. 


To top off having an absolutely amazing time, our pilot on the plane ride home came over the intercom with college football scores and the news that South Carolina had beat Alabama!!! Talk about being estactic! I may or may not have let out a big "whooo go Cocks!" on the plane.

This trip was so much fun but it seems so long ago! I am ready to take another vacation like this but not ready to leave Kennedy. We have only left her for one night and I was an absolute basketcase. My brother in law Jon and sister in law Rachael were married the same year as us so we have discussed taking a 5 year anniversary trip with them next year. They went to Sandals Antigua on their honeymoon and loved it. We are unsure of whether we want to do another Sandals resort or go on a cruise, which none of us have done. Thoughts?

2 comments:

Royal @ Royal Proclaims said...

Oh Jamaica! We took our honeymoon there too! I want to go back so bad! And the alcohol!

I love the photo of him in the wrap!

Thanks for linking up!

Unknown said...

OK so cruises are an ABSOLUTE BLAST and a lot cheaper than Sandals all inclusive. We went to Sandals in St Lucia for our honeymoon. If you go on Royal Caribbean all your food is inclusive but the alcohol isn't so depending on how much you drink, it might even out with the Sandals price. haha!
Obviously on cruises you get to see more than one location as well. I will definitely say that Sandals was way more laid back and relaxing and the cruises are more fun and upbeat. We are going on a cruise in June, can't wait, but I also can't wait to go back to an all inclusive resort too. Hope this helped!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!