Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Overdue Weekend Post and So What!

We are at home today because of the huge ice storm! I am linking up with Shannon for "So What Wednesday" and saying "so what" that I am just now posting about our awesome weekend last weekend and "so what" that last weekend was the first weekend we have left our house other than to go to church for the past 3 weekends!
 
We have all been sick the past couple weeks so we really haven't done anything but lay low on the weekends. This past weekend we actually got out and about which was nice! Our nephew Tristan turned 15 and we went and ate Mexican for his birthday. Of course there was singing and a big sombrero hat which Kennedy didn't really know what to think of as you can see from the picture below! Tristan's girlfriend Bailey came with us. They have been dating for about 9 months which is a pretty long time for two high school freshmen. We really like Bailey and we hope she's here to stay! She has a two year old half brother so she is very good with Kennedy. She also made a bet with Tristan that if she ate her whole cheese steak burrito, he had to watch a Law and Order SUV marathon with her the next time she came over. She won. Awesome! Any girl that loves Law and Order SUV and can put away some food is a keeper in my book!
 


 I hit up the Reqoop consignment sale and yes, I found Kennedy's Easter dress! It's actually the yellow one on the right. The pink one in the middle is adorable too but it's a 3T so we will have to wait until next year to wear it. I also found her white church shoes for 5 dollars! Nick was a little irritated at the prices from this consignment sale. This one was strictly for boutique clothing so the prices were higher than one would expect for a consignment sale. Most of the clothes ranged from 15 to 25 dollars. The smocked circus dress on the left I just had to have. It was 25 dollars but it looked like it had barely been worn. Most smocked dresses are around 35 so I still considered this a good deal.
 On Sunday, I hosted a Phi Mu alumnae event at my house. It was called "It's Sweet to be a Phi Mu" and was a dessert social. Jackie brought sweet little Laurel with her so we just had to get a picture of the two legacies. Kennedy had just woken up from her nap so she wasn't in the best of moods...
 Sorry for the cleavage shot in this one, Little Miss Sassy decided she didn't want me to hold her for the picture. We had a great time talking, eating sweets and making Valentine treat bags for the collegiate girls.

We are getting hit with more wicked winter weather so I am so glad we were able to get out and about this past weekend!

Oh and a big thanks and shout out to Shannon for changing the "So what" format! Love it!


2 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the dresses you found!! Especially the Easter one! :) Hope y'all are staying warm in this winter weather! Praying for spring to come fast!! :)

Royal @ Royal Proclaims said...

Those dresses are adorable! Glad you were able to find them!
I am totally sick of this snow/ice fiasco. We just heard that school is cancelled again tomorrow (Friday). That will be, count them, FOUR snow days that I will be stuck in this house with my husband and 2 year old. I.can't.even.

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!