Friday, February 21, 2014

5 On Friday

Missed linking up with these awesome ladies last week due to the crazy ice storm! Glad to be back!
Let's catch up!

 1. The ice storm in South Carolina last week was just plain crazy. We were fortunate to only lose power for about 19 hours but that was long enough for us. Kennedy was afraid of the fireplace so our "sleepover" in the living room was not fun. She finally went to sleep after midnight and woke up the next morning at 6:30. Tired Mommy and Daddy the next day. We were out of school for 4 days due to all the ice and the fact that so many people lost power. Aiken County had more power outages then any other county in South Carolina. I enjoyed spending time with Kennedy and Nick but I really hate being cooped up in the house so I started to go a little crazy near the end.


 2.Did you have a good Valentines Day? We went and ate with Kennedy at Red Robin. We came home and put Kennedy to bed and Nick and were cuddled up on the couch watching a movie when all of a sudden, the house started shaking. EARTHQUAKE!!!! So rare in South Carolina. I had been in an earthquake before when I was in high school and lived out in Oregon but this one was much scarier. Mostly because it was a higher magnitude earthquake but also because I was so worried about Kennedy, but she slept through the whole thing! The pictures below were taken Tuesday of this week. Kennedy wore her Valentines dress to daycare this day because they had to postpone their party due to the storm.

 3. I have been so good about working out this week. Monday and Wednesday I went to the gym, Tuesday Kennedy and I took a long walk and Thursday I did a Zumba class, which I used to do before I was pregnant with Kennedy. So much fun! I had really missed it!

4. Toddler meltdowns are really hitting us hard. Wednesday afternoon, as I was leaving daycare with Kennedy, I ran into someone I know from church, who's daughter is a year older than Kennedy and goes to Kennedy's daycare. While we were talking, Kennedy kept trying to play on these concrete steps (her daycare is housed at a church)and I kept pulling her away and saying "no." Finally she threw herself in the grass and had a huge meltdown. I ignored her and just kept talking but the whole time this woman was looking at me like "uhhh your kid's having a meltdown..." Honestly this was the first time she had had one out in public but when she has them at home, we just ignore her and she stops. I guess in public maybe we should switch it up? What do you do???

5. So what else has Kennedy been up to this week? She moved from the snail room to the bunny room at church. This is an exciting change  because she will be with kids who are more mobile like her. The room has a little jungle gym and slide! However, we will really miss the ladies in the snail room!

We had some warm weather this week so we took advantage and played outside in her pink car. Only in South Carolina is there an ice storm one week and then 80 degreees the next week! She also has a few new favorite books, a children's bible that my mother in law got her and a book called To Market, To Market my mom bought her.


I love the look on her face in this picture. "You stopped pushing me and Minnie just to get a picture? Come on Mom!"

Still loves taking selfies with Momma! 
It warms my heart how much she loves reading her little bible.

Have a great weekend everyone!


3 comments:

Suze said...

I'm a new follower, so pardon my asking but how old is Kennedy? She is so cute! I love her little dress. My son is a year and a half, and we just started the meltdowns. Well, he's only had one but it was a doozy!

Ice AND an earthquake?! That's crazy!

Dawn said...

The weather has been crazy, right? I didn't feel the earthquake but my husband said he did. Love K's Vday dress! Zumba is so much fun. I too used to go lots before LC was born-I'm actually planning to go tomorrow morning. Hope I do! This mama needs to get in shape! And this has been the longest comment ever!! Haha- are you on IG?

Sarah said...

Your little one is sooo precious!! I do Zumba too...so fun!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!