Monday, February 10, 2014

Monday Memoirs: February Love Edition-The Proposal!

December 12th, 2009:

A lot of people tell me that they had a feeling when their future husband was about to propose. I honestly had no idea. We had talked about getting married and I knew it was coming soon but I was thinking it was going to be at Christmas or New Year. We drove to Columbia to eat dinner at Yamato's for Nick's brother Ben's birthday. We had plans to go see the Christmas lights at Riverbanks Zoo afterwards. The weather was super yucky that day, cold and dreary, lots of misting rain. During dinner my sister in law Gretchen and I were saying that we should probably just skip the lights but Nick kept insisting that we had umbrellas and we should just go. Our niece Tabatha was 20 months old at the time and had a cold so Gretchen finally said that we were welcome to go but that they were going to go home because she didn't want Tabatha to get even more sick. Later I found out that Nick hadn't even told Ben and Gretchen that he was going to propose so Gretchen was super disappointed that they missed it.

The weather actually wasn't as bad as we thought and we were having a really great time. I LOVE Christmas lights so I was having so much fun. After we had seen everything, I turned to Nick and said "are you ready to go?" He said that he wanted to go back to the big Christmas tree right by the giraffes one more time and get a picture of us by it. We went back and as we were walking up to the tree, Nick just suddenly got down on one knee! Fake snow was blowing and he was talking and honestly I hate to say it, but I don't remember anything he said except for "will you marry me?" I of course said "yes...!" And the rest is history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 I totally looked at my hand the whole drive home....
 
Hope everyone has a fabulous Valentines Day! I would love to read some of YOUR proposal stories! :) Also check out Royal's Blog for a different twist on the mushy gushy memoirs! :)

2 comments:

Stro said...

Such a cute story!! Happy Valentine's Day Kaune family!

Suze said...

Aw that's a lovely story!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!