Monday, December 2, 2013

The Long Weekend

 
We had a great time celebrating Kennedy's 1st Birthday and 1st Thanksgiving all in one. We usually have Thanksgiving dinner at my in laws house, which is about 40 minutes away but this year we decided to host at our house. Everyone seemed to have a great time so we may make it a yearly thing. Nick deep fried the turkey (YUM!) and I made broccoli and cheese casserole and sweet potato casserole. My sister in law Rachael made stuffing and macaroni and cheese and my mother in law made deviled eggs, an apple pie, a pumpkin pie and an oreo pie. As usual, I forgot to take a picture of the food. I am so bad about that!

 Kennedy with her Grandma and Paw Paw Kaune
 Our Birthday Girl!
 
 
The rest of the weekend was mostly spent just laying low. On Friday and Saturday, Daddy did some hunting and Kennedy and Mommy had some girl time. We went and picked out a dress at Kohls for me to wear to Phi Mu semi formal this Friday. It's a joint semi-formal for collegiates and alumnae. I am super excited about it!

Kennedy has become obsessed with this basket, it's her new favorite "toy."
 My friend Carmen came over Friday to visit. She used to teach with me but now works at the district office. She was a wonderful mentor to me when I first started teaching and has been an amazing friend. She is old enough to be my mom but we just click and have always gotten along very well. I think God put her in my life for a reason and she is such a special person to me. Unfortunately, she is going through a horrible divorce right now but she is managing to stay so strong when other women would have fallen apart by now. I helped her set up a match.com profile and next time, Kelly @Kelly's Korner does a singles linkup, she has agreed to let me post about her. If you know any single men around 50 in the South Carolina/Georgia area,  let me know! ;) She is a great catch!
 
Sunday was a pretty busy day.  After church,  my sister in law Rachael and I went  to lunch at Panera Bread and to see Catching Fire. It was super good! I think I may have enjoyed it more than the first Hunger Games movie. I can't wait for the 3rd one to come out!
 
After the movie, I went home for a few hours and spent some time with Kennedy and Nick.  Then, I went over to USCA,  (University of South Carolina-Aiken)my alma mater. Phi Mu had elections that night so another advisor and I had to keep time, count votes etc... It was a looonng meeting. It started at 7:00 and didn't get over until after 10:00. I had forgotten how long elections take. I am super excited to work with the new executive council though and I think they elected some great girls who will do wonderful jobs in their positions. Next step will be training with the new council. When I was in Phi Mu, I was philanthropy chair as a sophomore, new member educator as a junior and then my senior year, I was vice president so I was always involved. I am excited to be able to help the sisters in their new positions.
 
Being up so late Sunday night made for a looong Monday! I was not ready to be back at work today. Usually I crave schedule and order but I did not enjoy getting out of bed this morning. Only 3 more weeks until Christmas break! :)
 
 

1 comments:

Carroll said...

What a fun weekend! All of your Thanksgiving dishes sound fantastic and I love how your sorority is hosting a collegiate and alumnae formal -- so fun!! I'm with you -- waking up for work this morning was tough after the long weekend! :)

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!