Friday, December 27, 2013

5 on Friday-Christmas Edition!

 
This is going to be 5  things about our wonderful Christmas. I hope yours was as good as ours!

1. On Monday, my dad, my sister and brother came over for lunch and to open presents. We usually do this on Christmas Eve but my sister had to work this year. Nick made his famous deer meat chili and I made chocolate eclair pie for dessert. I was super excited that my sister got Kennedy this movie:
 
We used to watch this movie all the time when we were little. I had an old fashioned bed like this one, complete with bedknobs and after watching it, we would go in my room and pretend to be on the flying bed. Fun times!

2. Monday night, we went to my in-laws to bake and decorate Christmas cookies. This has been a Kaune family tradition since Nick was a kid. We have participated in years past but this year was more fun for obvious reasons!

Kennedy with cousin Lexie.
Daddy helped with the cutting out part and Mommy helped with the decorating!

3. On Christmas Eve, we always go to Christmas Eve service at church and then to Waffle House to eat. Nick and I started this tradition during our first Christmas together in 2009. I think this picture is HILARIOUS! Kennedy looks like I used to look in family pictures when I was a teenager, bahahahaha.
But then of course, she was all smiles for Daddy! Side note: Nick is slightly obsessed with this Georgia Santa hat his mom gave him. I begged him not to wear it to church even though our church is contemporary worship and very casual. No such luck....sigh.
I didn't get any pictures of us at Waffle House. Unfortunately, we had to go to THREE different Waffle Houses before we could find a table and Kennedy was very hungry and fussy so the only thing that was on my mind was feeding her and getting home. It was very odd because every year we have gone to the Waffle House right by our church and never had any issues but I guess this year other people started up the same tradition! When we got home, we put out cookies and milk for Santa and then read the Christmas story from Luke in her children's picture bible.
 
4. Christmas morning was so much fun! Kennedy was so excited to open presents.




Her favorite by far was her new pink car!!! She loved it! Later that morning, we facetimed with Nana and Spike (my mom and stepdad) in Oregon. The car has drink holders so Kennedy had her sippy cup and was driving around drinking from her sippy. So of course Nana and Spike were cracking up that we were already going to have to have the drinking and driving talk, bahahaha.

5. That afternoon we went to Grandma and Paw-Paw's house (my in laws) to open more presents and eat Christmas dinner. Kennedy had a blast playing with her cousins. Lexie unfortunately couldn't be there long because she had to go to her dad's house, but Aunt Gretchen, Uncle Ben, Tabatha and Marley drove in from Columbia and Aunt Rachael, Uncle Jon and Tristan were there. It was so cute watching Kennedy try to keep up with the "big kids." I know next year will be even more fun!
My in-laws gave me a Kohl's gift card and a hot pink Duck Commander sweatshirt. They know me too well! Can you tell how excited I was??? I have already spent my Kohls gift card!


This was about the best picture we could get of the cousins. 
I will leave with my family. I love these two more than words can say. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

 

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Looks like a sweet Christmas!:) love your dress in the first pic!

Unknown said...

i loved bedknobs and broomsticks too! I found you from five on friday and i can't wait to read more of your blog :) happy new year!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!