Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sandy Hook

Almost exactly one year ago, I was at home on my maternity leave with Kennedy. Kennedy was asleep and my mom texted me and told me there had been a terrible elementary school shooting and to not turn on the tv. She knew how badly it would upset me especially since I was a teacher and a new mom. Well, I didn't listen and turned on the tv of course . I sat there glued to the tv all afternoon, rocking and cuddling Kennedy, crying and just praying for those sweet babies and their families.  I was also so angry and sad that this man felt like he had to kill 2o innocent first graders, not to mention the teachers that were killed as well. I can't imagine the pain those parents and families have felt in the past year. The above video is a film about one of the victims at Sandy Hook, Emilie Parker. Warning: you will cry but it is a must watch. This mother has incredible faith. Evil does not win. God's love reaches for us in our darkest moments. Such a beautiful testament and so incredibly powerful.

This has been an incredibly busy week and we have a busy weekend ahead of us full of lots of Christmas firsts for Kennedy so I am going to skip "5 on Friday" this week but I will be sure to post about our fun weekend on Monday. :) Have a great weekend everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!