Friday, November 1, 2013

5 on Friday

Linking up with these fabulous ladies for the "5 on Friday" fun! Here's what's on my mind this week:
 
1. This week has been a fun week, but a sad week as well. My student Danielle's mother Christy is dying from breast cancer. She was first diagnosed 5 years ago, went into remission and the cancer recently came back with a vengence.  Her liver is starting to shut down and the doctors are saying it could be any day now. This has really hit me hard because Danielle's older twin sisters Meaghan and Rebeckah were in my class two years ago and I got to know Christy well. She helped out with class parties, chaperoned on field trips and volunteered at the school often. She is an amazing mom. She recently told her sister that she wasn't afraid of dying but she was just heartbroken over all the things that she was going to miss out on in her girls lives. Absolutely heartbreaking. Please pray for this sweet, sweet, sweet family.


2. How was your Halloween? Ours was fabulous! Our neighborhood goes ALL OUT for decorating and trick or treating. You usually can't even leave our neighborhood between 6 and 9 because the streets are so packed with trick of treaters. However, this year we didn't have nearly as many as usual. Trunk or treating has become really popular at some of the local churches so we are wondering if that's where all the trick or treaters went. But anyway, we took Kennedy trick or treating at a few houses and she had a blast!


3. Third grade went on a field trip this week to Brusters to make our own ice cream and then to the North Augusta Greenway for a nature walk. We had a blast! The kids made cotton candy explosion ice cream which has pop rocks in it, very yummy! Check out this giant spider we spotted on our nature walk. Even the boys in my class were screaming over it!


4. How bout them Gamecocks??? Best win of the season!!!! So glad I stayed up to watch it even though I was exhausted from Boo at the Zoo! We are still in the running for the SEC East! Go Cocks!

5. Lastly, I will leave with you with Kennedy and her babydoll. I love this little girl more than words can say!




4 comments:

Carroll said...

I love Kennedy's costume -- too cute! I'll also be in prayer for that sweet family.

Carol said...

Thank you Carroll, we loved her costume too! And thank you for the prayers. They really need them.

Dawn said...

Kennedy is a doll! I am so sad to hear about the mother of your student. Ill be praying for them! I also live in SC--but am a Clemson can! I teach too! (Part time reading and math intervention!)

Carol said...

Thanks Dawn. And thank you for the prayers, they need all they can get. Yay, it's always nice to meet a fellow SC teacher, even if she's a Clemson fan. ;) I wish our school had math intervention!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!