Monday, November 11, 2013

Celebrations

On Thursday I attended a Celebration of Life for my student Danielle's mother, Christy. I also taught Danielle's older twin sisters Meaghan and Rebeckah, two years ago. Christy went to be with the Lord early Monday morning after a battle with breast cancer. She was 34 years old. Gone too soon. When I saw the girls Wednesday night at the visitation, they were doing very well. There were a ton of people there and many of their friends from school came. At the funeral, they were not doing so well and it broke my heart. Apparently Danielle needed her inhaler before the funeral due to her asthma and she started crying because her mom was always the one to help her with her inhaler. It's just not fair. Meaghan and Rebeckah are going to middle school next year. Danielle is really struggling academically. They need their momma. I promised their dad Steve I would take care of them at school and that's what I will do but no one can replace their momma. Contininue to pray for this family. I am so heartbroken for them.
You will be missed Christy!

Friday night, the Phi Mu alumnae girls got together with our significant others for a chili cookoff. Everyone brought a pot of chili and some cash. We had a jar in front of each pot of chili and you voted with your money. The chili that had the most money won and we donated all the money to our philanthropy, Children's Miracle Network. We always donate our money locally, to MCG children's hospital in Augusta. Nick made his famous deer meat chili and guess what? He won!!!
 We had a blast just hanging out and talking and of course eating good food!

Also this weekend, my bestie Ashley turned 30! Her husband Kevin threw a surprise birthday party for her. She had absolutely no idea!
 
 You can't see it very well in this picture, but she is wearing the monogrammed fleece jacket I got her for her birthday. I liked it so much, I ordered one for myself! I could't
help it, hehe. This is me, Ash and our friend Kristin.

Even though it was a really sad week, I was glad it ended on a good note.

4 comments:

Stro said...

So sad to hear about your students' mother. Take care of them!

Carol said...

Thanks Tiffany! I will.

Dawn said...

That is so sad about Christy! :( Praying for the girls. Glad that you can be in their lives. The chili cookoff sounds like fun! The jacket sounds cute! I just put a monogrammed rain jacket and pjs on my Christmas list! ;)

Carol said...

Thanks for the prayers Dawn! Ooh, I think I need some monogrammed pj's too! :)

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!