Monday, July 14, 2014

Summer Fun Continued

I am taking a break from packing for Oregon to do short recap of our weekend. Friday turned out to be one of those "it didn't go as planned but turned out to be fun anyway" days.  First, I took Kennedy to the library for toddler storytime. There is a retired librarian that comes to her daycare once a week to do storytime and Kennedy loves it so I figured she would enjoy it. Wrong! LOL. Little Miss did not want to sit still and listen. In her defense, the storytime seemed more geared towards preschoolers than toddlers. I was expecting more songs and puppets. Instead we got a lot of long books and one song. We will try again next year!
 
We were supposed to go the splash park that afternoon with my friend Brandi and her daughter Evie. Unfortunately there were a few summer showers that day and we didn't want to drive the 25 minutes there only to have to come back. So, Brandi and Evie along with Brandi's friend Kari and her daughter Paisley came over to our house for a playdate. Kennedy is 19 months, Paisley is 18 months and Evie is 17 months so they are all very close in age and had a blast playing together. The weather even cleared up so we got out the baby pool for a bit. We ended the playdate with Kennedy's new favorite thing in the world, popsicles!
 

 I love this picture! Kennedy is already saying "mom stop with the pictures!" LOL.
 
 
 Saturday, I got to attend my friend Cassie's wedding! She was an absolutely stunning bride! Her dress was gorgeous. I am so happy for her to start her life as Mrs. McKie! Congrats Cassie and Mike!
 
 


 
 
I hope everyone has a fabulous week! I am taking a break from blogging while we are in Oregon but can't wait to post about our trip when we get back. I definately plan on doing a "how to survive a 5 and a half hour plane ride with a 19 month old" post! Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Amanda {Tickled Pink} said...

Story times are so hit or miss. It really is all about finding the perfect story teller that understands kids. Lily and I drive across town for story time because it's fun, fast, includes dancing, and singing. The one close to our home is so boring, I don't even have the attention span for it. The story teller reads 4 lengthy books. Good luck with your plan ride mama!

Susan S. said...

Oh my gosh. I thought you just hadn't been blogging but it turns out that I hadn't switched my fave blogs over to my new bloglovin account! That explains a lot. Haha- I have a lot to catch up on!

Nick only likes story time IF there are puppets and songs too. What a lame story time! :)

Enjoy Oregon- so gorgeous!!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!