Thursday, July 24, 2014

Portland Trip

We're back! Have you missed us? Here are some highlights from our Portland trip:
 
We left Wednesday morning and guess who was on our flight from Columbia to Atlanta? The old ball coach himself! Steve Spurrier!!! I didn't realize he was on the flight until towards the end when I heard the guy across the aisle talking about it. I tried to catch him afterwards to get a picture but he BOOKED it off the plane as quickly as he could so he obviously didn't want to chat with anyone. Oh well, I was still star struck!
 
 
 The flight from Atlanta to Portland was LONG.I am not going to lie, Kennedy had a hard time on this flight. 5 and a half hours is just too long to be on a plane for a 19 month old. I will be doing a separate post about this later. We got into Portland a little after 3:00 their time, which was after 6:00 our time so we were starving. We ate at the neighborhood food carts that night followed by ice cream at our favorite, Ruby Jewel's. It really hit the spot after a long day!
 
 
Thursday was pretty low key. Kennedy loves our dogs, Zeke and Toby. She had a ball walking them around the yard and reading books to Zeke. Zeke was a great listener. I think it helps that he's 15, deaf and blind. Bahahaha. The weather was fabulous, in the upper 80's and a nice breeze so we were outside most of the day.
 

 
Mommy did sneak away for a bit to have lunch with the beautiful bride to be, my high school bestie Molly.
 
 
 
Friday morning, my mom and I went to get pedicures. I treated her as a late Mother's Day present. We got the hot stone pedicure which was the best 40 dollar pedicure I have ever had. So relaxing! I am making it my mission to find a pedicure place around here that does this type of pedicure. We came home and had a had a low key afternoon. Nana and Kennedy did some reading. Then, that night Nick and I went to the rehearsal dinner/barbeque at Matt and Molly's house. I didn't take too many pictures at this because I was so busy catching up with all of my high school friends. This is me and my friends Stephanie and Bridget. Bridget is actually not a high school friend. She dated my best guy friend from high school, Ryan. They dated for about 2 years when we all were in our early twenties. She was the only girl I ever liked that he dated. He ended up cheating on her and a lot of his friends (me included) took her side and are still friends with her to this day. As Bridget says "I won the divorce!" LOL.
 
 
 
 Saturday I went and got my hair done by a girl I went to middle school and high school with named Leila. We were never close friends but had a few classes together here and there and were friendly when we were in school. It was fun to catch up with her and talk about old times. She told me in 7th grade she was really upset because I didn't invite her to the Hanson concert. Bahahaha. We sat next to each other in math class and were always dishing on how hot Taylor was. I got tickets and took my friend Nicole and apparently to this day, she still remembers how it hurt her feelings back then! So funny!
 
I came home and we played some more in the yard. Kennedy was obsessed with the neighborhood cat the entire time we were there and luckily the cat was friendly enough to let her pet him. Kennedy's other obsession? Mommy's sunglasses!


 
We took a rare family photo of the 3 of us. Nick is squeezing Kennedy because that's about the only way to get a posed picture of her these days. Stephanie and her fiance Colin came to pick us up for the wedding. Kennedy stayed with Nana and Spike.
 
 
 
The wedding was a lot of fun. Very casual and very
"Portland!" The ceremony was in a local park. Love this picture of all the girls. (Sarah, Steph, Lisa, Katie, Sandra, Jasmine, me and Bridget)  While we were taking it, Molly came running over and jumped in the next picture.
 
 
Our friend Sarah made an awesome tower of wine glasses at the reception, hehe.
 

 
After the wedding we went out to some local bars and my friend Brittany who I have been friends with since midde school came out. So good to see her!
 



On Sunday, we had a kid friendly picnic at a local park. Kennedy had a blast playing with my friend Margy's 2 kids, Abby and Ben. I thought this picture was absolutely adorable!


On Monday, we took Kennedy on her first trip to Voodoo Donut, which is a Portland must. So many good choices! YUM! I had the (excuse my french) "Old Dirty Bastard" which had chocolate frosting, peanut butter and oreos on it. Soooo tasty! Nick's favorite is the maple bacon bar which is yummy as well.
 

 
Nick, my stepdad and I went to eat sushi that day for lunch at Sushi-Go-Round which was awesome. I didn't get any pictures but they have delicious sushi and I love the concept of putting sushi on a conveyer belt and just being able to take what you want! That afternoon we took Kennedy to the local splash park which was fun but cold! It was only in the 70's that day so the water was freezing! Kennedy still had a blast!
 

 
Tuesday was our last day. We woke up to very dreary weather. Temperatures in the 60's and rain. Very typical Portland weather, yuck. One of the biggest reasons I moved back home to South Carolina after high school. I just couldn't take the weather. We spent most of the day just laying around inside. I had a lot of cuddle time with Zeke. I am pretty sure this will be my last visit with him. Pugs usually don't live longer than 12 or 13 years. As I mentioned before, he is 15, deaf and blind. Bless his heart. I still remember when my mom and I went to pick him up from the breeder's during my sophomore year of high school. He is such a good dog.
 

 
Ending this post about our awesome trip with this adorable picture I took Wednesday morning before we left to go to the airport. Kennedy grabbed a picture of my Nana (her Great Nana) and was sitting just like this looking at her picture. An odd spot, but a cozy spot! I am sure Nana was looking down on her smiling!
 

 
So, now we are home and preparing to enjoy our last 2 and half weeks before Mommy and Daddy have to go back to work. This summer has gone by way too fast!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!