Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday!!!!!!!!!!! :)


Here's what's been on my mind this week:
1.Nick had an assistant principal interview this week with the school district we teach in. There are 3 openings and close to 100 people applied! They only gave 30 interviews so he was very honored to be interviewed. We will find out on July 29th after the school board meeting if he got one of the positions. We will be ecstatic if he gets one of the jobs but we know God has a plan and that it may just not be in His timing this year.
2. We are leaving for Oregon on Wednesday and I am soooo excited to see these girls at my high school bestie Molly's wedding!!!! I am also way too excited about eating some good food. If you haven't been to Portland, you are missing out. Between Voodoo Donut, Sushi-Go-Round, Salt and Straw ice cream and hitting up all the food carts, we will be very busy eating! The only thing I am anxious about is the flight. Kennedy did great last year but she was 7 months. It's going to be totally different this year now that she is walking. We are bringing the portable DVD player and lots of snacks! Also hoping that she will nap on the long flight from Atlanta to Portland. which is 5 and half hours.

3. Awhile back, one of my favorite bloggers, Mandy @ Mommy Musings did a post on which was better, Yoplait or Chobani. I had seen 2 similar posts on other blogs and they had chosen Chobani but Mandy had chosen Yoplait. I knew I always liked Mandy...:) Just my opinion, but Yoplait Greek is soooo much better than Chobani. I am loving all the new flavors they have and my favorite by far is the apple pie. Yum!
4. It wouldn't be a 5 on Friday post without a little reality tv recap. How good was The Bachelorette this week??? Still LOVING Chris and loved his family. I thought it was so cute how they ended up playing Ghost in the Graveyard at the end of the night. I don't think Andi is going to pick him though, just can't see her living in Iowa. Plus I have heard rumors that Chris is going to be the next Bachelor which would be freakin awesome! Did anyone else cry ugly tears when they found out about Eric? So sad! Such a moving scene when all of the production crew put down their cameras to go comfort each other.
A new show that I can't get enough of is Ladies of London! I love the Real Housewives franchise so of course I would love this show. I hope I don't lose any followers by saying this, but Juliet reminds me so much of myself. I have a tendency to be a little loud at times, I love to have fun and waving around panties at a party? Totally something I would do...
5. So, what has Kennedy been up to this week? I did a post here about some of the fun stuff we have been doing. It has been a great week full of playdates, a zoo trip and a park trip. Today, the fun continues with storytime at the library this morning and a playdate with my friend Brandi and her daughter Evie at the splash pad this afternoon.
Here are some other fun pics from the past week:
 Kennedy with her "big brothers", our friends Adam and Jessica's sons, Payton and Grayson at church last Sunday.
 Kennedy had so much fun throwing poppers on the ground on 4th of July with Daddy! She also loved watching the fireworks in her pjs! She wasn't scared at all, in fact she seemed pretty mesmorized by them!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

3 comments:

Abby Lumbard said...

Fingers crossed and prayers your way that your husband gets the job! My newest guilty pleasure is Ladies of London by the way. I'm fascinated by anything British and I love me some RHW, so I knew I'd be hooked. So glad I'm not a lone ranger there! :)

Dawn said...

Oooh...good luck to your husband! Keep us posted! And have FUN on your trip! I've never been to Oregon. I love Chris too on the Bachelorette...I just told Seth, I bet he will be the next Bachelor (which I would be super excited about!!) Have a great weekend!

Amanda {Tickled Pink} said...

Oh my goodness!! What channel does Ladies in London come on? I'm definitely going to have to check that out!! My husband is in the middle of job transitions right now, so I definitely understand how stressful that can be. Remember, if it is meant to be, it'll be. Keep us posted! I'm definitely your newest follower!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!