Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Growing up!

I am linking up for the first time with Ashley @Words About Waverly for the "Little Things" linkup.
 
Everytime Kennedy does something new, I find myself saying "awww, she is growing up soooo fast" and then making a sad face. In reality though, it's actually so much fun that she is growing up! This summer has been so exciting because she can do so much more than she could last summer. I don't want it to end! Here is what we have been up to this week:
 
Saturday morning it was surprisingly not too hot out so we hit up our neigborhood park. So fun to watch her do things by herself like go down the slide. Her favorite thing to do at the park is still the swings. She loves to be outside!


 
On Monday, we went to the zoo. We took Kennedy to the zoo last year when she was about 7 and half months old. She enjoyed it then but of course, she enjoyed it more this year because there was more she could do, like the carousel! :) They also had a cute little pink playhouse in the botanical gardens that Kennedy loved playing in. Her favorite animals by far were the penguins! She probably could have stayed watching them for hours! You can read about our trip last year here.






 
Another fun thing about her growing up? Playdates!!! I have always been a very social person and Kennedy seems to be following my lead. She loves to be around other kids! My sorority sister Catherine is in town from Greenville this week visiting her parents. She has a 2 year old son named Greyson so did a playdate at the pool today. Kennedy and Greyson had never met before but they hit it off very quickly! They had a blast playing together.   
 
So when I find myself getting sad that she's growing up, I remind myself of how much fun we are having with her. Then I think about how it's only going to get better! The best is yet to come!
 
P.S. That doesn't mean I still haven't been having MAJOR baby fever lately.....


3 comments:

Dawn said...

It is bittersweet for sure seeing them grow up

Abby Lumbard said...

She is too stinkin cute!! We're in that phase now too. I always feel so conflicted! We're having a blast with her, but my baby isn't a baby anymore. :(

Amanda said...

I think that age is so much fun and I can't wait to see Jeanette continue to grow and learn new things!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!