Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday!!!!!!!!!!

I told myself that I was going to try and post at least one other time besides Friday each week but watching tv and reading won over blogging this week. That's okay though, I almost always make time for my favorite Friday linkups!
Here's what's been going on lately:
1. I love my job. It's been a crazy week at school with the 100th day celebration, benchmark testing, 2nd 9 weeks award program etc...but the fact that this parent took the time to write this at the bottom of her daughter's change in transportation note made my heart smile!

Also have to brag on my student Kyndal! She was not only the first child in my class to reach 100 points in Accelerated Reader but the first child in the whole third grade to reach 100 points! I am so proud of her and I love the fact that she has been reading Babysitters Club and American Girl books, both favorites of mine at her age.



2. When I was middle and high school, I loved boy bands! I liked them all, N'Sync, Backstreet Boys and even....HANSON! My friend Nicole and I were absolutely obsessed and we both loved Taylor. I saw them twice in concert and the second time, Nicole and I waited with a bunch of other crazy fans outside the concert venue and actually got to meet them! At that time of my life, (16 years old)  touching Taylor Hanson was the greatest thing that had ever happened to me, bahahaha. Nicole was in downtown Portland the other day and actually walked by the venue and took a picture. She tagged me in it on Facebook. Oh the memories. Any other former Hanson fans out there?



3. This was last week but didn't get a chance to blog about it! For the 3rd year in a row, I was asked to judge the Mr. USCA pageant at my alma mater, University of South Carolina-Aiken. My sorority puts on the pageant to raise money for our philanthropy, Children's Miracle Network. It is always so much fun! The guy that won this year was named London and he was absolutely precious! This year they had a 90's wear category and he wore a Mighty Ducks jersey, ummm amazing! One of my favorite 90's movies. He was also very well spoken and read a poem he had written for talent. All I had was my crappy Iphone camera but I still love this picture of the Phi Mu advisory council!





4. Okay time for some reality rewind! Usually I do a recap of the Bachelor but I felt like this week was kinda meh. I am sick of Princess Jasmine, I mean ooops, Ashley I. getting so much air time. I will say that it's hard for me to like Jade considering it's been released that she was a former Playboy model who posed completely nude. I know everyone has a past but yuck. I am ready for next week when Kelsey has her "Tiarra" breakdown. Hahahaha, remember Tiarra from Sean's season? What a mess!

Anyone watch Vanderpump Rules? What do you think? Is the Miami girl telling the truth? Did Tom cheat on Ariana? I think he did but that doesn't stop me from thinking Kristin is a complete whack job and she seriously needs to move on with her life. I feel so bad for her boyfriend! He has a lot of patience to put up with her obsession with her ex.



I haven't watched Dance Moms this week but I am hoping that JoJo goes home! I could not stand her or her mother on Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition. I am not even a dancer and I could tell she was a beat behind in the group dance last week. I am sure poor Nia will get the blame. Sometimes I don't know why I still watch that show because Abby makes me soooo mad!

5. It's been a great week for the Kaune kids. We received some awesome goodies in the mail for both baby Mark and Kennedy! My mom (Nana) sent Mark some adorable onesies and my friend Brittany in Portland sent him two precious Carters outfits. I absolutely love those Carters sets that come with pants with some sort of design on the booty and a short sleeved and long sleeve onesie. My cousin Louise sent big sis Kennedy her very first mink coat with matching hat and it is so gorgeous and soft! Kennedy loves wearing it!


Kennedy has been her usual bubbly cheerful self. Loves saying her ABC's, counting to ten and singing "Happy Birthday." Thank goodness it's her cousin Tristan's birthday this weekend and she will actually have someone to sing to! She also still loves to help, especially in the kitchen! Mommy had a craving for Red Lobster biscuits so we made the kind out of the box to go with our dinner last night. I asked her to get me a bowl to mix the ingredients and she knew exactly which cabinet to go to!


Baby brother Mark is kicking up a storm in my belly as I type this. He is so much more active than Kennedy was. Sometimes I would get a little freaked out because awhile would pass and I wouldn't feel Kennedy kick. Never have to worry about that with this little fella! I was 24 weeks (6 months) on Monday. The time is going by very quickly! He will be here before we know it!



Have a great weekend! Thanks for reading! Linking up with these fabulous ladies as always!

4 comments:

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

I'm a huge bachelor fan as well… and yes Ashley I is hilarious but ridiculous!! Love Kennedy's toothy grin!!

Chelsea said...

What grade do you teach? I feel ya this week has been crazy with 100th day of school and everything else. I teach 3rd grade and it is such a crazy year......How much fun to get to judge a pageant.. Have a great weekend

Iulia Gulia @ Best of Baby said...

Oh. My. Gosh. HANSON!! I'm pretty sure I was their biggest fan ever. I actually still really like them! In fact, I listened to their Christmas album (snowed in!!) on repeat the whole month of December.

On another note, I'd love to have you join us for the Ladies Collective Linkup! (Wednesday's at 6:00am EST) www.bestofbabylady.com

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Aria loved when I sang mmbob to her when she was in her jumperoo. So I think we'll just keep on being Hanson fans =) And, what a great note to receive. All the warm fuzzies. I hope we love Aria's teachers as much as they love you!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!