Friday, January 23, 2015

23 weeks with Mark

I haven't posted about my pregnancy since my 20 week post so here we go:

Sorry for the glare in the picture, we actually had a sunny day! 
1. Still feeling great! I am loving all this 2nd trimester energy. Sleep is still treating me pretty good although my sides are starting to hurt a bit from the weight on them. I don't remember this happening until a bit later in pregnancy with Kennedy but I am much bigger this time around. Mark is also much more active than Kennedy was. I feel him moving constantly!
2. Cravings: cereal (craved this with Kennedy too!) anything with peanut butter and Mexican food. I have gained 14 pounds, but I am not really stressing about it. It is what it is. I have been hitting the gym or walking outside about 3-4 times a week. I am wearing pretty much all maternity at this point, there a few non-maternity shirts that I still wear with maternity pants. I absolutely love my maternity leggings from Motherhood Maternity.
3. We had a doctor's appointment last Friday and it went well, very standard prenatal appointment. His heart rate was 138 and at the appointment before that it was 142 so he is very consistent. I don't go back again until February 19th which seems like waaay too long but the good news is after that I start going every 2 weeks plus around 30 weeks we will have our 4D ultrasound. I have an appointment on March 6th to do the gestational diabetes test. Last time I passed with flying colors so I am hoping it will be the same this time around. Honestly, I don't think that drink is too bad especially since it's not very much you have to drink. I just chug it down. The part I hate is having my blood drawn because I hate needles. I know I sound like such a wimp but I think one of the worst parts of being in labor was getting my IV put it and my epidural. I have been deathly afraid of needles since I was 6 years old and it took 3 different nurses to get my IV in when I was getting my tonsils out. I have been told I have "small veins." It seems like they always have to stick me more than once.
4. Does it make me a bad mom that we have done absolutely nothing to get his nursery ready? I have heard this is fairly typical for the 2nd child. I think also it's because we have a 3 bedroom house so his room is currently our "guest room." We are going to have to put all the furniture in there in storage, with the exception of the queen bed. We are planning to set the nursery up with the exception of the crib because my parents will fly in from Oregon to stay with us for the first two weeks like they did with Kennedy. They will need a place to sleep and we are planning on co-sleeping with Mark like we did with Kennedy for the first 6 months. Kennedy slept in the rock and play sleeper until she was about 3 months then we did the pack and play in our room until she was 6 months old. So, there's not really much point in putting a crib in there yet. We did pick out his bedding and my in laws have purchased it for us. We are doing a hunting/camo nursery just like we did for Kennedy although this one will obviously be regular camo and not pink camo.
5. I am super excited because my parents bought us our first item off our registry, an Eddie Bauer 3 in 1 comfort carrier. I had heard really good things about the Ergo baby carrier but it was soooo expensive that I felt kind of guilty putting it on our registry. Then a friend of mine told me she had the Eddie Bauer one and loved it. I tried it on in Buy Buy Baby and it seemed comfortable plus secure. Not to mention it was half the price of the Ergo baby carrier. I know a lot of people swear by the Moby baby wraps but those things freak me out. It seems so easy for the baby to slip out. I wanted something that if I went grocery shopping with both kids, I could put him in it and have Kennedy in the buggy and not have to worry.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! Linking up today with the ladies of 5 on Friday and Oh Hey Friday!




3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like things are smooth sailing for you with the pregnancy. Looking good momma :)

Jillian said...

you look great! i was up 16lbs at 23 weeks -- but i figure the body is doing what it needs to do. i also failed my first glucose test -- i had some peanut butter and jelly crackers right before my appointment and i think that's what made me fail. the 3-hour test was NOT pleasant (i didnt mind the 1 hour test!) but i passed. sooo don't snack haha xo jillian - stop by! I'm hosting a RapidLash giveaway on cornflake dreams

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Hey cereal peanut butter and mexican sounds good allllll the time!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!