Friday, January 2, 2015

First Oh Hey Friday 2015!

Happy 2015 everyone!
Here are my thoughts on this first Friday of the New Year:
1. Do I have to go back to work on Monday? This has been such a relaxing break! We also got a lot of things accomplished, such as registering for baby Mark and transitioning Kennedy to her toddler bed. Is there anybody else that feels like the months of January and February go by soooo slow? I guess I also just feel like those months are so blah, nothing to really look forward to. I am also not a cold weather person so now that the holidays are over, I am ready for spring and warm weather!
2. I am waaay too excited about the start of two of my favorite shows next week, Dance Moms and The Bachelor! It's been a hard wait but thankfully I have had Vanderpump Rules, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Real World: Skeletons to tide me over.




Being the MTV reality tv junkie that I am, I am also excited about the new Real World Challenge, Exes 2. It's bittersweet though due to the tragic losses of Diem and Knight. Loved them both!


3. Our New Years has been low key ever since we had Kennedy, which I love. My brother in law Jon and sister in law Rachael have come over for the past 3 years and we play cards and board games. So much fun! The picture below showed up in my Timehop from New Years 2012. This was our last New Years before we had Kennedy. We dressed up and went out to dinner at Outback with friends and then went to our favorite country bar/club. It was a ton of fun and I am glad we have that memory but I wouldn't trade our new NYE tradition for the world. Love being at home with our little family!


We also shot off some fireworks, which Kennedy enjoyed watching.



On New Years Day, we spent the day relaxing and laying around the house. We also watched Oregon stomp all over FSU, what a game! Go Ducks! :) Nick says I am a softie for even saying this but I actually really felt bad for the FSU fans. All those turnovers were just embarrassing. I know what it feels like when your team plays pitifully, hello, Carolina/Clemson game this year! I just love watching Marcus Mariota play. He handles pressure so beautifully and has such amazing accuracy. I hate that Carolina only had a so/so season but it's been fun watching my second favorite team do so well! I am so ready for January 12th!Quack Quack!


Kennedy and I dressed in our Duck gear and it was fun scrolling through my Facebook feed and seeing all my high school friends dressed in their Duck gear as well. A lot of them had pictures with their kids too.


4. You know what I love even more than being pregnant myself? Having friends that are pregnant at the same time as me! My friend Catherine is having her second baby boy at the end of February, my friend Brandi is having her second baby in June, my friend Cassie is due in July, just days after her 1st wedding anniversary and now my cousin Kristin has announced she's due at the end of July!  Lots of blog friends that are pregnant too! Yay for the baby boom!


However, with the baby boom comes hurt for some people that I know have been trying for a long time. I know that awful feeling when you are longing for a baby yourself and it seems like everyone around you is announcing a pregnancy. It's no fun at all and if you are in that boat, please know that I pray for you every night. I may not pray for you by name but I pray for women who are dealing with infertility and miscarriages. I am also specifically praying for my friends Sara and Jessica and would love it if you would join me. I have mentioned Sara before on my blog. She and her husband Greg have been trying for almost 2 years. Our friends Jessica and Joe already have a 3 year old daughter, Kennedy's BFF, Janna, but are struggling to conceive their 2nd child. It took them 18 months to get pregnant with Janna and they have now been trying for over a year to have a 2nd child.

5. Kennedy has really enjoyed being at home with Mommy and Daddy the past 2 weeks. It is really starting to sink in that we have a child, not a baby anymore! She talks in full sentences and is so much fun to be around, most of the time! We have had a few 2 year old meltdowns. She absolutely loves her Disney Princess kitchen that her grandparents got her for Christmas and will literally play with it for hours! She also still loves doing puzzles.



 She said the funniest thing the other day. I was loading her into her car seat and I said "uh oh your nose is running, I need to get a tissue." She said "Mommy, you silly, my nose not running!" I then realized she had taken what I had said literally, lol, so cute!

Baby Mark is doing great! I will be 21 weeks on Monday. You can read my 20 week post here.

Linking up with Karli and Amy today! Here's to an awesome year! :) Thanks for reading!














4 comments:

Heather said...

Kennedy is so cute! I love the little ducks on her sleeves. We're in Florida, but luckily aren't FSU fans or surrounded by them so shouldn't hear too much crying. I've done the party thing, but my favorite thing to do on NYE is stay home or go to a friends house and play games. It's just so relazing!

Amanda {Tickled Pink} said...

Yes! I love this baby boom! It's so exciting! My nana always use to say it has to do with the moon. I also very much love this age of the girls where they are fully communicating and are such little people and not really babies anymore. I will pray for your friends. Such heartache. Keeping them in my thoughts.

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

I have a friend who's been trying for more than 5 years! My heart breaks for her. I used to be a party girl for NYE myself and now with my girls, I have NO desire to!

Laura said...

oh my gosh! congrats on your pregnancy! Chris and I are starting to talk about our second and I pray so hard that we won't have trouble. I think, since I got pregnant so easily with natalie, I think "Great! I'm in the clear, I'm good to go!" But I know that's not always true and I know that anything could happen when we start trying. I hope things work out for your friends soon.

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!