Tuesday, December 30, 2014

20 weeks! Halfway there!

I am having such a hard time believing that this pregnancy is halfway over! My pregnancy with Kennedy went by sooooo slow and this time it seems to be flying by! Seriously, it seems like yesterday that it was September 10th and I was waking up Nick to show him my positive pregnancy test.



Here are some thoughts about week 20:
*I am feeling great! No sickness and finally getting some of my energy back. I am still sleeping like a rock at night. I think my biggest symptom is that my boobs are out of control huge and still sore. Waaay bigger than I remember them getting with Kennedy. Not sure if this is because it's my 2nd pregnancy or because it's a boy or what.
*Cravings: Still apples with peanut butter and also tuna fish (limited to 6 oz a week)

*I am up to 10 pounds now with my weight gain but ehh, it is what it is. Holiday food is too yummy to pass up. I have been getting some workouts in at the gym over the break and I love to wear this hilarious shirt my bestie Ashley gave me when I was pregnant with Kennedy:

*I am absolutely loving the fact that we know this baby is a sweet boy and we can refer to him by name! He loves to move around at night, just like his sister. That's when I feel the most movements!
*Still no stretch marks with this pregnancy! Thank goodness! I didn't have any with Kennedy either. I love my Burt's Bees "Mama Bee" belly butter!
*Some other big moments lately were that we got our first gifts for Mark! My brother in law Jon and sister in law Rachael got him an adorable giraffe sleeper and my sister in law Gretchen made us an adorable burlap wreath with chalkboard attached. It is perfect for my weekly bump pictures and we also plan to use it on our hospital door when he is born. We also went and registered at Buy Baby Baby and Target. Don't let anyone tell you that you don't need to register when you are having a second child. There is still a ton of stuff you need, especially if you are having a child of a different gender. Just sayin!
*Big sister Kennedy is still loving to take bump pictures with Mommy and loves to kiss her baby brother in Mommy's tummy. Another big milestone is that Kennedy has officially transitioned into a toddler bed this week. It was much easier than we expected. She loves her "big girl bed!" I think sleeping on a nap mat at daycare helped the transition because she sleeps in another place besides her crib. 


Excited to see what the next 20 weeks will bring! We have decided that this will be our last child so I am trying to soak up every moment of being pregnant as much as I can. Thanks for reading!


4 comments:

Amanda {Tickled Pink} said...

girlfriend, my breasts are absolutely out of control too! I don't know what it is because it definitely wasn't like this with Lily. They also didn't hurt nearly as much either. Yesssss there is absolutely a ton of stuff still needed by a second child! We got rid of some of our larger items with Lily and will need to make new purchases for furniture and such so basically we are buying as first time parents again! So stressful! You must do a detailed post on ya'll's toddler bed transition ordeal! Would love the details!

Susan S. said...

I feel the same way about this pregnancy speeding along while Nick's took for-ev-er! Congrats on the big girl bed. :)

Laura said...

congrats again! I'm so glad you're having a good pregnancy and it's so refreshing to meet other people who love being pregnant. I always hate all the cliche negativity surrounding pregnancy. It's such an amazing time, and I kind of miss it! (nooot enough just yet to start for #2....maybe in a few more months) :)

Amanda said...

I had no idea you were preggers thanks to me being MIA from blogging for so long but CONGRATS!!!!! Sounds like things are moving along quickly!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!