Friday, May 2, 2014

5 On Friday and my 100th post!

 Happy Friday! This is my 100th post! I can't believe it! Thanks for being here!
1. Have to start off with a rant this week. I am super aggravated that the school district I teach in is making us make up Memorial Day due to the ice storm. I am not understanding the instructional value of us making this day up considering a week later we are out of school for the summer. To make matters worse, I just found out this week that Kennedy's daycare is closed that day so we have no child care. Considering my husband and I are BOTH teachers, that means one of us has to use a sick day, which we don't have many of. Not cool. Rant over.
2.I am loving Kristen on Real Housewives of NYC! "I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I am preeettty!" LOL. I love how she stands up to Ramona and I was dying laughing during last week's episode when she was making fun of Ramona's eyes by squeezing that doll. Of course Aviva wouldn't find that funny, *eye roll.* I can't decide who's crazier, Aviva or Kelly that used to be on NYC. Carlton from Beverly Hills is pretty crazy too and let's not even get started on Theresa from Jersey....Maybe they can start a club.

3. Lately we have been asked a lot about when we are going to have a second child. I know people don't mean any harm by it, they are just curious. I am just not ready yet. I am enjoying spending all my attention on Kennedy, not ready to share myself yet! Two of the moms in her class at daycare are pregnant and they have both been telling me how rough it is to be pregnant and have a toddler so I am glad we avoided my MIL's advice to have our kids close together. Nick is one of five kids. His oldest sister Angela is 37, his youngest sister Tina is 31 and Nick and his two brothers are all in between. At one time his parents had 5 kids all 6 and under, can you imagine?!?! I am also of course very nervous due to the fact that I had two miscarriages before Kennedy. I have prayed about it though and come to peace with the fact that we may only have one child. I feel so blessed to be a mom period so if it's God's will for Kennedy to be an only child, then I will accept His plan.

4. I am so excited for this summer!  I have already signed Kennedy up for a "Mommy and Me" swim class. Due to all of our various vacation plans, I only have time to do one other class with her and I am having a hard time deciding between toddler gymnastics or kindermusic. Kennedy loves music but she also loves to be active. Has anyone taken either of these classes with their toddler?

5. Kennedy's new word this week is..."please!" Yay!!! I am so proud of her learning this word! Last Saturday, we went to our friend Ryan's 4th birthday party at the park. Kennedy had a blast and followed my friend Kristin's 7 year old daughter Kaylie around the whole time. She loves older kids! We have another birthday party at the park this Saturday for her cousins Tabatha and Marley, can't wait! I will leave with some pictures from the park and a random cute picture!


 I was super proud of her for doing the see-saw by herself! Kristin stood behind her in case she fell over backwards but she held on like a big girl!
This picture would have been even cuter if we could have gotten her to remove "lovey" from her mouth but no such luck. Kennedy loves purses, just like her mommy!

Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for reading my 100th post!

3 comments:

Royal @ Royal Proclaims said...

That makes no sense at all to make children (and teachers) attend school on Memorial Day. Can't we just consider it a freebie and move on to next year?

I need to sign my son up for a swim class. He took one when he was just 6 months old, but he definitely needs to "learn" more.

Rachel said...

My little girl is just a little older than your Kennedy, and I totally 100% feel you on the 2nd kid thing!! I am so so happy with where we're at right now, and although a lot of my mommy friends with kids the same age are now pregnant with their second, I'm still planning to wait a little while. I don't want to have to share my time with her....at least not yet!

Underneath Unspoken said...

We waited until Leah was 2 before we started trying and since it took longer than we thought to get pregnant with Leah we figured the same the 2nd time around. Wrong! We got pregnant the first month trying, so the girls are only 2 months and 9 months apart in age. Sometimes its hard, but for the most part this age gap is pretty good (I think) now the debate is when to have a third...

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!