Friday, April 25, 2014

5 on Friday

 Happy Friday ya'll!
Linking up with these fabulous ladies once again!
Here's what's been on my mind this week:
1. Nick had his last class in his Master's program on Tuesday! He graduates on May 10th with a degree in Educational Administration and Leadership. Next step is applying for assistant principal jobs! I am so proud of him and his amazing accomplishment!
2. Anyone been watching 16 and Pregnant? I have not had the chance to watch this week's episode (soooo behind on the DVR) but I did watch last week's. I was really annoyed by that Maddy girl! I know she's young but good grief, she was so lucky that her baby's daddy and his family wanted to be so involved and spent all that money on her daughter's room. I thought she was very rude! It always seems like the girls that have significant others that want to be involved end up pushing them away! Tsk tsk!

3. I am so excited about making a new "mommy friend." Jessica lives around the block from us, goes to our church and her daughter Janna goes to Kennedy's daycare. We went for a walk this week with the girls and we really clicked. We have a lot in common! She and her husband Joe have invited Nick and I to join their small group at church. We have been wanting to join a small group for awhile now but Nick was so busy with school. Now that he is done, we are very excited to join in the fellowship! Janna is a year older than Kennedy and they had so much fun "chatting" while Jessica and I were chatting during our walk.

4. I love to read but during the school year it's really hard to find time. During spring break, I read this book. I have read other books by John Hart and he is an amazing author especially if you like a good suspense/mystery book. This one did not disappoint, however, I still think my favorite by him is The Last Child. The only book by him I have not read is Iron House and I can't wait to have the time to start it. Summer, please hurry up!


5. Kennedy is developing such a strong personality! She loves to talk and we are starting to understand more words she says. She repeats a lot of the things we say, such a little parrot. She is  such a Mommy's girl, everything is "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" She also loves to help. She always helps me put away her clothes and loves to clean up her toys. Her teachers at daycare say that she is helpful at school too and that everyday, she helps put away the nap mats. We shall see how long this "helping phase" lasts especially the cleaning up her toys part! I can't believe our little princess will be 17 months old on Monday! 

1 comments:

Dawn said...

I'll have to check those books out! :) Happy weekend!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!