Monday, May 5, 2014

Bikini Talk


 
 
 
 One of my goals for this summer was to get back into a bikini.  Last summer I wore a  tankini that may as well have been a one piece. I was still 15 points away from my pre-pregnancy weight and hadn't really gotten serious about losing the weight. My friend Jessica is tiny. She told me that after she had her boys, she just didn't feel right being in a bikini and felt like now that she's a mom, she is too old. She also has some stretch marks  and was insecure about those as well. I was lucky that I didn't get any stretch marks and even though I will be 30 this month, I still don't think I am "too old" for a bikini. In fact, I don't think you are ever "too old" for a bikini.

I have been looking at the above pictures religiously for motivation. I have been working about 5 times a week and trying to cut back on what I am eating. Dieting and I do not get along so the best I can do is work out hard and cut back. However, I am still not at my pre-pregnancy weight, still stuck about 5 pounds over, where I have been for awhile now. 5 pounds is not a lot but my body is just not the same. I still have a muffin top and although I don't have a pouch like some women I know, my stomach is still not as flat as I want it to be. I have never been thin and have always been proud of my curves. I finally decided to just bite the bullet this past weekend, embrace my chubby girl self and go swimsuit shopping,  Surprisingly I found a bikini that was very flattering on me so I bought it. When I came home from the store and showed it to Nick, he looked a little disappointed at the high waisted bottom and the big supportive top, but hey it's a bikini! Maybe someday I will be back in a string bikini but for now I am just proud that I look decent in this one.


So, what about all the other mom's out there? Do you rock a bikini or are you more of a tankini wearer?

Oh and P.S....  Yes that's snow in the top picture. Nick dared me to go out into the snow in my bikini. I am not one to back down from a dare. ;)





8 comments:

Sarah said...

I seriously admire you solely for going out in the snow in your swimsuit. I'm a weeny when it comes to cold weather!

Unknown said...

I am the same way. We aren't too old of bikinis :) Im at my pre pregnancy weight and I still feel like (and know) by body just looks different. Ill just have to deal with it. Ive decided that if that means going out and buying new clothes that look good on my "new" figure, then thats what Ill have to do. Our baby girls are worth it

Carol said...

Well said Jen! You always know the right things to say!

Carol said...

And I agree they are sooo worth it!

Carol said...

Girl me too! Believe me, I was only out there long enough to take this picture!

Abby Lumbard said...

Hell, I've seen 50 year olds that can still rock a bikini. Never too old, it's all about the confidence. Unfortunately, my body readjusted and gave me a little pooch and lots of stretch marks. I don't feel comfortable pulling off a bikini but I tip my hat to you for being able to!

Unknown said...

Girl! Love this topic! I think you can rock anything you feel confident in. And I sure didn't feel confident after my first two babies. And I was kind of sick of spending money when I had clothes I *loved* in my closet. I changed my eating habits and found some workouts I love and got my body back! You can do it too!!! That whole, "I had a baby so my body will never be the same" thing is a myth! <3 your blog!!

Carol said...

Thanks for the encouragement Bekah and thanks for reading!!! Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!