Monday, May 19, 2014

My 30th Birthday Celebration

We celebrated my 30th birthday Saturday night by going out to eat at Bonefish and then headed over to the Backyard Tavern, a small local bar that we like. By the way, at Bonefish they have several new menu items. I tried the spicy tuna bowl and it was delicious! My friend Jessica planned the party (with a little help from Nick) and she rented out the back area of the bar. She had decorated it so cute and my friend Penny made a beautiful cake. We played horseshoes, hung out, talked and then went inside for a little kareoke action, which was quite amusing! Me, Megan, Melody and Jessica sang "Since You've Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson and got a standing ovation, woo-hoo! People started leaving around 11, but we were "extra wild" and went out to The Country Club with Ashley and Kevin, my brother in law Jon and my sister in law Rachael. Us girls tore up the dance floor while the guys chatted. We didn't get home until after 1, which was SUPER late for us. I am usually in bed by 9, even on the weekends! My in-laws babysat for us and doggie-sat for Kevin and Ashley's dog Dash. My mother in law was up when we got home but my father in law was asleep on the couch with Dash curled up on his lap, so cute. The next day was rough but I am proud to say, we still made it to church that morning!
 Me and Ashley
 So, random fact about me. I am terrified of birds. It's a seriously bad phobia. My best friend gets 2 new tattoos and they are birds, seriously Ash?!?! LOL.
 My beautiful cake!
 Hubby and me!
 Penny, Jessica, Megan, me, Melody and Ashley
 With our spouses. Mad props to Penny, she was the only single one and it didn't bother her one bit!
 Jon and Rachael came late because Jon had to work so they missed the beginning of the night picture action.
 Cake time!
 Megan, me and Ash.
 This was us singing kareoke. I am a little disappointed that Nick didn't get any shots of us jumping around and fist pumping. ;)
 The after party!
 
I had an awesome birthday! So far 30 has been treating me great!


7 comments:

Dawn said...

Happy 30th!! Woo hoo- your cake was so cute!!

Amanda said...

What an awesome birthday party!!! The cake is adorable!

I have a small paranoia about birds, but only if people keep them as pets. My dad's cousin used to have love birds, when I was about 3 I remember going to their house and the birds were out of the cage. One landed on my head and scared me to death!!!! If my daughter ever wants a pet bird she will have to find a new place to live lol

Kaitlin Harrison said...

The big 3-0!! Good for you for embracing it and making it a special occasion! My sister is also terrified of birds. Of course we torment her about it :)

Carol said...

Thanks Dawn!

Carol said...

Glad I am not the only one!

Stro said...

Happy happy birthday! Welcome to the 30 club!

Carol said...

Thanks Tiffany! Hope you and the babies are doing well. I pray for y'all daily!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!