Monday, April 6, 2015

We are still here.....

The past few weeks have been just plain crazy. Kennedy has had a stomach virus THREE times and I had it twice. Nick never got it. I am praying that we are done with it. It was awful. I hated seeing Kennedy so sick.
 
On a good note, we are on spring break right now! The weather has been beautiful aaaand I am 34 weeks pregnant so not much longer until baby Mark gets here!
 
We have a doctors appointment in a few hours with a 34 week ultrasound that will give us an estimate of how big he is. However, my doctor and I already discussed that we may induce a few days before my due date just to try to avoid what happened last time. Not only did I have to get cut but I tore very badly. My doctor says my pelvis is very narrow and my body is just not made to birth a baby bigger than about Kennedy's size. Kennedy was pretty small, 6 pounds 6 oz, so we shall see what happens. Nick is convinced that  we have a big boy in there and I am probably going to have to have a C-section. Honestly, I just want to do whatever is safest for my son so whatever happens, happens, but I would prefer not to have a C-section.  I know a lot of people have bad feelings about induction but we had a great experience when I was induced with Kennedy at 40 weeks 3 days. I know so many people that waited too long because they were set on not having to be induced and then the baby grew so big they had to have a C-section. 
 
I have been feeling good, but very tired and the swelling of the feet and ankles started last week, yuck. I haven't really been craving anything in particular, just hungry all the time! We have gotten really slack on the bump pictures so this picture of us on Easter yesterday is about the best I can do for a bump picture.
 
 
Backing up to other recent events....the consignment sale at Kennedy's daycare was a huge success. We raised 1600 dollars for the daycare and I made 360 dollars selling Kennedy's old clothes. It was hard to part with these beautiful smocked dresses but I am glad other little girls are getting good use out of them. Jessica and I are already starting to plan on how we can make the fall sale even better!
 
 
I surprised Nick for his birthday (early) by buying him tickets to the bacon festival in Columbia. He had no idea where we were going until we pulled up at the festival. He said he thought we were going to see Kenny Chesney play a concert because he was coming to town that night. He was very excited that it wasn't that, lol. We had lots of great food but I was a total slacker and didn't get hardly any pictures. Our favorites though were the bacon donut, barbeque bacon on a stick and the bacon sliders, yum! My best friend Ashley and her husband Kevin came with us and Ashley had a huge pickle that was wrapped entirely in bacon. She said it was the most delicious thing she had ever tasted!
 
 
Kennedy and I went up to my alma mater, USC-Aiken, for an alumna/collegiate brunch with the Phi Mu girls. The food was so yummy and it was good to visit with other sisters I hadn't seen in a while. Kennedy had a blast playing with fellow Phi Mu legacy, Laurel. She also made Mommy very proud because she is already perfecting the infamous "sorority squat" for pictures, love it!
 

 
I was especially excited to get to spend some time with this girl! Rachael is the former vice president of the collegiate chapter. She is graduating in May. I have been the advisor for the vice president for the past couple of years. I hate to pick favorites but she and I got very close when I was her advisor and she was by far the most hard working out of all the VP's I have worked with thus far. I am excited for her to join us "old girls" in the alumna chapter. She is also getting married in September, so excited for her!
 
 
I am loving this warm weather and sunshine we have been having. We had Good Friday off so we spent the afternoon hanging out at our neighborhood park. Kennedy loves to be outside! We met some doggy friends there including a small black dog named Abby, who swung in a swing beside Kennedy, which Kennedy got such a kick out of!
 



 
We had a fabulous Easter which started off Thursday with Kennedy's Easter egg hunt and party at school, which she was so excited for. Her teacher Ms. Stephanie was nice enough to text me some pictures from it. It's hard being a working momma and not being able to go to those special events so I am thankful for great teachers like Ms. Stephanie!
 


 
That night we took Kennedy to see the Easter Bunny, which she loved and kept talking about the Easter Bunny's "house" which was the backdrop for the picture.
 
 
On Saturday night, we read the Easter story in Kennedy's children's bible and when we got to the park about the stone being rolled away and the tomb being empty, Kennedy kept saying "WOW!" over and over again. I was laughing but inside I was thinking "that's pretty accurate thinking, wow, how lucky are we that Christ is alive?!?!"
 
The next morning Kennedy opened her Easter basket which I forgot to take a picture of but we never really go overboard with the Easter basket. Her Grandma Kaune always gets her a basket with a lot of candy so we didn't put any candy in it, just a few Dollar Tree dress up necklaces/bracelets and a few figurines to go with her Sofia the First talking castle that she loves playing with. I am honestly kind of confused as to why all of a sudden Easter has become "Christmas." Some of the Easter baskets I saw on my Facebook feed were insane. One person I saw had so much for her kids it was spread out all over their kitchen table, Lego sets, brand new baseball helmet, UnderArmour clothes etc...good grief! I am okay with doing the Easter Bunny in addition to teaching Kennedy about the real meaning of Easter but I think when you go that overboard on the gifts it really takes away from the real reason we celebrate Easter. Just my opinion....
 
Left the house and went to the early service at church. Kennedy had a blast as always in Sunday school and came out with her hands covered in dried Elmers Glue from making a tissue paper cross, which turned out so cute and will be going in her memory box.
 

 
We went to the early service with the hope that we could get Kennedy down for her nap a bit earlier so we could get over to Grandma and Paw-Paw's to hunt eggs with her cousin Lexie before she had to go to her dad's house. However, Miss Priss must have been waayyy too excited about the Easter egg hunt because she wouldn't nap for us which hardly ever happens. So, we headed over to Grandma and Paw-Paw's to hunt eggs and eat Easter dinner. Kennedy had fun playing with her cousins Lexie and Tristan and was surprisingly in a great mood for not having a nap.

 
Lots to look forward to this week! Our doctor's appointment, a prenatal massage, taking Kennedy to the zoo, maternity/family pictures and my baby shower on Saturday! Also looking forward to just resting and relaxing! Yay for spring break!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

Dawn said...

Nice to catch up with you! :) You look great at 34 weeks! You're so close!! :) I was induced with both my babies and thought it was more of a smooth process than trying to wait. Good luck with everything! I look forward to seeing pictures of him! Love the Easter pics!

Courtney said...

Some of the swelling has started over here too. Blah! Luckily those cute babies at the end make it all worth it, right? :)

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!