Monday, April 13, 2015

Baby Shower for Mark and Family Pictures!

My sister in laws Gretchen and Rachael and my best friend Megan threw us a small baby shower for Mark this past weekend. We didn't need much since we have a lot of gender neutral items from Kennedy but it was great to get some baby boy clothes, diapers and a few other odds and ends that we had registered for. I love Mexican food, so the food was Mexican themed. We had a mini taco bar, homemade chips and queso, corn dip,  guacamole deviled eggs, and virgin margarita punch, yum. My mother in law made a fabulous strawberry cake, which is my all time favorite! Kennedy had a blast helping me open presents and hanging out with everyone at the shower!
 
 
 



 
We played this hilarious game that Megan found online. It was a relay race game and everyone on your team had to blow up a balloon one by one and put it under their shirts like a baby bump. Then after everyone on your team had their balloon blown up, you had to pop them one by one. We found out my SIL Gretchen and I suck at blowing up balloons, lol, it took us both forever to get our balloons blown up! Gretchen's team still managed to win though!
 
 I think Megan looks adorable with a "baby bump!" Totally ready for her and Brent to have a baby!

 
We are so blessed to have such an amazing group of friends and family!
 

 
My friend Valerie took some maternity/family pictures for us this weekend. She posted a sneak peak on Facebook and I am in love with them!  Kennedy was being such a ham and loved saying "cheese!" I can't wait to see the rest. A lot of people have given me grief about the fact that I let Nick keep his hat on, but that's my hubby for you. You rarely see him without a hat on so it just seemed natural to let him wear it.
 



 
I am 35 weeks today! Wow! My feet are officially fat and swollen so I have special permission from my principal to wear flip flops (against dress code) to school. I am also soooooo tired all the time, very similar to 1st trimester. I can't get enough sleep! Still getting bad heartburn and indigestion at night no matter what I eat. But guess what? It's all worth it! Unless God has a different plan for us this will be my last pregnancy so I am trying to savor the feeling of all the kicks and flips in my tummy as much as possible!
 
Have a great week everyone!
 
 
 
 


1 comments:

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

What an awesome shower! Love Mexican and need to do a party with some sort of Mexican theme! Hang in there girlie...and rest those feet when you can! Love the photos!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!