Friday, April 10, 2015

34 week appointment, zoo trip and an epic toddler meltdown

Happy Friday!
 
 
Monday we had our 34 week doctor's appointment with ultrasound. We were surprised to find out that Mark is only a little bigger than Kennedy was at this stage. At our 34 week appointment with Kennedy, they estimated that she was 4 pounds 2 oz. They estimated 4 pounds 7 oz for Mark. So, it looks like I may be induced on my due date instead of a week early which is fine with me. The tech did mention that he was super long and that his butt was up in my ribs, so that explains a lot of the pressure I have been having and why I feel so much bigger this time. Kennedy was tall and skinny too. She weighed 6 pounds 6 oz and was 20 and a half inches at birth. I am really relieved that it sounds like he will be similar in size to Kennedy so I should be able to avoid having a C-section. I am also really relieved that my parents are flying in from Oregon on May 9th, so if for some reason I go into labor on my own earlier, they will be here to take care of Kennedy. My in laws both work full time so it's a little harder for them to watch her.
 
On Tuesday, we had a fabulous trip to the zoo. We got there right when it opened and it wasn't too hot. Kennedy is at a really fun age for the zoo. She was sooooo excited to see all the animals and even though we brought the stroller, most of the time she wanted to walk around and see everything. She is STILL telling everyone she sees about all the animals she saw. Here are some pictures from our trip:








 
 
Wednesday was not such a good day. I feel like sometimes when I read other people's blogs, it's all sunshine and rainbows so I try to be real as often as I can. Let me tell you, Wednesday, I felt like a total failure of a mom. Kennedy woke up in a rotten mood and was very sassy to me all morning but for some reason I still thought it would be a great idea to take her to the public library for a story time. Wrong. Well, she did okay during the story time despite being grouchy. She listened to the books but every time the lady doing the story time would say something like  "now let's sing a song" or "do you think the doggy's going to eat the cake?" Kennedy would scream out "NOOO"! *Face palm*
 
After the story time I told her she could pick out 3 books to take home, which she did. Then, we went up to the checkout desk so I could sign her up for her own library card. Well, the lady at the checkout desk was obviously either someone who hates her job or just doesn't like kids because she was slow as Christmas getting all my information and had zero sympathy for the fact that I was trying to keep a 2 year old entertained while doing all this. She asked me to repeat my phone number THREE times and then the third time she asked me to repeat my email address I finally grabbed a pen and paper and just wrote it down for her. At one point, Kennedy ran away and began to bang on the computer keyboard so I ran after her. While I was doing this, a couple came up to check out books and the lady started checking out their books for them so I had to wait once again for her to finish checking out their books. Kennedy started to run off again and at that point, I grabbed her arm and told her firmly "no, if you run away again, we are going home." She proceeds to hit me and scream "no!"  Yay. So I pick her up kicking and screaming and walk out of the library intentionally leaving the books and unintentionally leaving my drivers license which the lady decided not to come after me with. Nice. Carry her to the car continuing to kick and scream where she proceeds to become limp when I try to put her in her carseat so I just let her sit on the floorboard of my backseat and have a meltdown. I sit in the front seat and ignore her. She finally calms down and I buckle her in and we go home. The whole way she keeps asking about her books and I tell her that since she couldn't behave in the library and because she hit me, she doesn't get to have her books.
 
We go home and eat lunch and then I lay her down for her nap. During naptime, I called my mom in tears because I felt like such a bad mom. It's the worst feeling in the world when your child is "that kid" that just can't behave in public and even worse, that kid who hits her own mother! We have only had a problem with her hitting at school one time, same for biting and both times were done in defense so I was so embarrassed that she hit me and thinking "how in the world does she think this is okay?" She has her moments but she is usually very well behaved. My mom listens and then says "yeah there was a woman in Starbucks this morning who's child was having a meltdown. I felt so bad for her because she had a new baby with her too." Gee thanks Mom, way to make me feel better, lol. She went on to say that I would get through the phase though and that I handled it the right way by just leaving and not letting her have the books. However, I am starting to get really stressed out about Kennedy acting out and the changes that will happen when her new brother gets here. All I can do is love on her and spend as much time as I can making her feel special.

 
And of course, pray!

As my mom also likes to say "this too shall pass..."
 
Thanks for reading! Have a great weekend!
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comments:

Courtney said...

I know it feels like the worst thing in the entire world and SO embarrassing but seriously, anyone who has ever had a child EVER has dealt with attitude/meltdowns/tantrums like that. So, you aren't alone in it :)

I'm happy to hear baby is measuring good and that you get an extra week to wait for induction!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!