Monday, February 16, 2015

Our low key but fun Valentines/Presidents Day weekend

The next couple of weeks are going to be insanely busy. The calendar is filling up with doctor's appointments, Phi Mu events, birthday parties, and getting things ready for the spring consignment sale at Kennedy's daycare which I am the co-chair of. I am really glad that we had a fun low key weekend with our little family. I absolutely love having 3 day weekends!
 
 
Kennedy was sooooo excited about going to school and passing out her Valentines to her friends. She told us all about the party at school when she got home.
 
 
 
On Saturday, I woke up to this sweet note taped to the microwave from my husband:
 
 
He is a smart man, he knows food is the way to my heart! I thoroughly enjoyed my banana pancakes with a side order of cheese grits at our favorite breakfast spot, Sunrise Grill.
 
We spent the rest of the day hanging out at home. Kennedy colored in her new Minnie Mouse coloring book that her friend Ella gave her for Valentines Day. We are pretty sure she is going to be a lefty as you can see from the picture!
 
 
That night after Kennedy and I went to bed Nick and I watched this movie:
 
 
 
I had already seen it in theaters with my friend Jessica. Nick bought it for me on DVD for Valentines Day. The DVD had an alternate ending called "the tears of joy ending." I enjoyed that ending a hell of a lot better than the original ending but I still cried in a few parts. I blame pregnancy hormones. If you are a Nicholas Sparks fan and haven't seen this movie, I would recommend it. It was emotional but good!
 
Sunday was another low key day. Brrrr, it was so cold outside. The only time we left the house was when we bundled up to go to church.
 
 
Nick and I spent Kennedy's nap time going through some of her old clothes and tagging them for the consignment sale at her daycare. In the two hours Kennedy was asleep we only made it through her infant clothes. Lots of work ahead of us! My friend Becky is having surgery next week so I volunteered to tag the clothes she is selling too. She has 3 kids so I am sure it will be a lot but I don't mind, it's for a great cause!
 
On Monday we woke up and headed to Columbia to see my dad, half sister and  half brothers. We had a good visit and it was fun to catch up since we hadn't seen them since Christmas. My youngest half brother Michael is severely autistic and is non verbal. We actually hadn't seen him in a few months because long car trips are hard for him so he stayed with his mom when my dad, sister and brother came up at Christmas. I don't think the four of us have had a picture taken together in a very long time.
 
 
 
After we left my dad's house, we went to the mall and ate lunch. Kennedy was so excited to ride the merry go round!
 

 
This is my last week in the 2nd trimester and I am so excited that we are 13 weeks away from meeting our son! However, I am really cherishing this time as a family of 3. This weekend was so much fun, lots of memories made just by doing simple things.
 
Hope everyone has a great week! Thanks for reading!
 
 
 
 
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!