Friday, February 13, 2015

26 weeks/Happy almost Valentines Day/Friday

Happy almost Valentines Day! We have a low key weekend planned just the 3 of us at home and I am really looking forward to it.
Here are my 5 for this week:
1. Kennedy and I went Valentines Day shopping last weekend at Wal Mart. We picked out cards for Daddy and for her friends at school. Kennedy picked out her own Valentines this year and she chose Sofia the First. We gave each of her classmates a Valentine, some stickers and some Hershey kisses in a cute ziplock bag with hearts on it. Very easy and no room for a Pinterest fail for this working Momma! I also made Mix and Match Mama's strawberry bars for her teachers at school. So yummy and one of my favorite recipes on her list of 100 bars.

2. I am 26 weeks this week! Feeling pretty good despite lots of heartburn and indigestion. I am guessing this little boy will have a lot of hair like his sister. I am super excited because for the next 3 weeks we have a doctor's appointment every week. I absolutely love going to the doctor when I am pregnant! On the 19th, we have a regular OB check up, on the 27th, we have our 4D ultrasound and on March 6th we have an OB check up and the Gestational Diabetes test. I am hoping I pass on the first try like I did with Kennedy. I am really excited for our 4D ultrasound because we haven't gotten to see our sweet little boy since our 18 week ultrasound when we found out he was a he! Kennedy, as you can see, is still completely ecstatic about being a big sister and loves to rub my belly and say "I love you Mark!" Melts my heart!!!!


3. Consignment season is officially underway! I am so excited to check out some of the local consignment sales, especially the one at Kennedy's daycare in March. My friend Jessica and I are co-chairing it together this year because the former chair of the sale quit. Our husbands think we are crazy to take it on considering we are both working moms but unfortunately NO ONE else volunteered which is surprising because there are a lot of stay at home moms that just bring their kids in the morning for preschool. I think with the two of us working together, it won't be too bad though and we have a lot of parents who have volunteered to help. Hopefully the sale will be a big success. Last fall, we raised 1, 200 dollars for Kennedy's daycare and our goal is 2,000 for the spring. If you are in the Aiken, South Carolina/Augusta, Georgia area, let me know and I will give you the info!
4. Man, The Bachelor, where do I begin?

 Super glad that both Kelsey and Ashley went home. Both were total crazies! How dramatic was Ashley's exit? Good grief! Here are my thoughts on the remaining girls:
Megan: DUMB!
Whitney: Love her but wish we could change her voice! Aaaah, like nails on a chalkboard!
Kaitlyn: Love her! If she doesn't end up with Chris, I would like to see her as the next Bachelorette. She is so funny!
Carly: Sweet but a little too insecure. Side note: Did you know that she is Zach from Desiree's season's sister? Loved me some Zach!
Jade: Too quiet and the Playboy thing is just ehhh....
Britt: Can we please send her home? She wears way too much makeup and needs to stay in LA! Plus she's annoying.
Becca: BORING, although I do have to give her props for not making a huge deal out of the fact that she's a virgin like Ashley I. did. Although I am not so sure Ashley was telling the truth! I just don't see her and Chris together.

Can't wait to see what happens next week!
5. I have the winter blues bad. This winter really has not been bad at all compared to last years crazy ice and snow storm but I can't help it, I am a warm weather girl. Ready for some sun and heat. I feel like a big fat white whale right now! The picture below was taken on 4th of July in 2011 and is one of Nick's favorite pictures of me. He has it framed on his desk at work. So thankful for the precious baby in my belly but envious of that tan and cute figure in this picture! Bring on spring!

3 comments:

Royal @ Royal Proclaims said...

You look gorgeous in your 26-week splendor! I loved going to the Dr too, especially at the end.
Happy Valentines Day!

Courtney said...

I love going to the dr while pregnant too! It's about the only exciting and fun time to go ;)

The bachelor this week. Oh mah gah.

Consignments! Yes! Our big one in town is at the end of march and I'm super excited.

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

You look amazing. And the bachelor this week! Cray!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!